new and i have a question

  • heather
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2008
      hello, im new to the group. a few of my girlfriends and i were
      bitching the other day that all the local groups we knew of for yarn
      crafts were only for elderly women. i see that this group meets at
      panara on harlem. is that in tinley? also about how many women come
      each time? is it really crowded? my other question is what time are
      the meetings? i look forward to attending a meeting soon and meeting
      some new friends.
      Heather

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 19, 2008
          Hi Heather,

          I'm glad you joined our group and hopefully you'll join us at the next meeting. We gather together around 7pm at Panara (on Harlem north of 159th st) which I think is technically Orland Park. We average about 4-6 people every week and we've had has many as 10 show up one time, but that's rare. The group ranges in different age groups from fresh out of college to newly grandmas...I'm in my 30's married with kids and love laughing and knitting with the girls. I would not put our group in the "old lady" category...heck I'm a step-grandma and I'm no way close to being old, but some days I feel that way;)

          I look forward to meeting and knitting with you soon.
          Cheers,
          Kris

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 20, 2008
            im exicted to come once i can. Right now i have womens self defence
            class on wednesdays. but there are only 3 weeks left of that. i will
            defiantly be bringing at least one friend with me, if not two. We are
            quite excited we found a local knitting/crocheting group. we are all
            in our mid 20's. i am 23, a vice president of a mortgage company. i
            also go to school part time. but most important is my daughter, and
            husband. :) i crochet and i am a beginning knitter. i look forward to
            meeting some new friends, as i am still fairly new to the area. about
            a year and a half ago i moved back to the lincoln way area after being
            gone for 4 years. i drifted away from a lot of my old friends while i
            was gone, and i would love to make some new ones! look forward to
            seeing you girls in a few weeks!