Re: New Member

  • laurelena78
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
      Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
      Sorry I missed the last session. I work until 7:30pm on Wednesdays,
      and 8:30pm on Thursdays, all the way in River Forest (bleh!!), but I'm
      quitting that job, so once I've finished my two weeks, I'll be able to
      make it! Yay, more knitting time! I live in Lockport off 159th, so
      Orland Park/Tinley Park is not too far :D

      Oh, and I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area. I was an elementary
      school teacher there. Now I'll be subbing :)

      --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON
      <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

      > Hi Linda!
      >
      > I'm glad you've discovered us and I look forward to knitting with
      you...no matter what your skill level. We have ladies who have been
      doing it like...for-ever and other who have just started.

      > We were having conflicts with our previous location and have moved
      just north to Panera Bread, 15845 S Harlem Ave...which I believe is
      technically in Orland Park.

      > We'll be meeting on Thursday this week instead of Wednesday...candy
      and all, ya know. Hope you can make it out.

      > Cheers and Knit-On.
      > Kris
      >
      > laurelena78 <laurelena78@...> wrote:
      Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
      > with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
      > don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
      > to make some new friends.
      > I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
      > have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
      > Cheers!
      > Linda

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • laurelena78
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
        Hey, this is Linda again. I don't know if you all remember me. I met
        with your group several weeks ago, just before Thanksgiving. The
        holidays and life in general interfered, but I'd like to come back.
        Hope to see you all on Wednesday. :)

        --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, "laurelena78"

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
          Hi Linda!

          Hope you had a great holiday. We'd love for you to join us...I was hoping we didn't scare you away;)

          Cheers,
          Kris