Re: New Member

  • Bethany
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2007
      --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, "laurelena78"
      <laurelena78@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
      > with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
      > don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
      > to make some new friends.
      > I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
      > have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
      > Cheers!
      > Linda

      Hi Linda! I picked up knitting again this year after a lifetime
      hiatus! I actually crochet as well! Hope to see you soon!
    • laurelena78
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
        Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
        Sorry I missed the last session. I work until 7:30pm on Wednesdays,
        and 8:30pm on Thursdays, all the way in River Forest (bleh!!), but I'm
        quitting that job, so once I've finished my two weeks, I'll be able to
        make it! Yay, more knitting time! I live in Lockport off 159th, so
        Orland Park/Tinley Park is not too far :D

        Oh, and I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area. I was an elementary
        school teacher there. Now I'll be subbing :)

        --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON
        <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

        > Hi Linda!
        >
        > I'm glad you've discovered us and I look forward to knitting with
        you...no matter what your skill level. We have ladies who have been
        doing it like...for-ever and other who have just started.

        > We were having conflicts with our previous location and have moved
        just north to Panera Bread, 15845 S Harlem Ave...which I believe is
        technically in Orland Park.

        > We'll be meeting on Thursday this week instead of Wednesday...candy
        and all, ya know. Hope you can make it out.

        > Cheers and Knit-On.
        > Kris
        >
        > laurelena78 <laurelena78@...> wrote:
        Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
        > with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
        > don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
        > to make some new friends.
        > I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
        > have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
        > Cheers!
        > Linda

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • laurelena78
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
          Hey, this is Linda again. I don't know if you all remember me. I met
          with your group several weeks ago, just before Thanksgiving. The
          holidays and life in general interfered, but I'd like to come back.
          Hope to see you all on Wednesday. :)

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
            Hi Linda!

            Hope you had a great holiday. We'd love for you to join us...I was hoping we didn't scare you away;)

            Cheers,
            Kris