Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] New Member

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 29, 2007
      Hi Linda!

      I'm glad you've discovered us and I look forward to knitting with you...no matter what your skill level. We have ladies who have been doing it like...for-ever and other who have just started.

      We were having conflicts with our previous location and have moved just north to Panera Bread, 15845 S Harlem Ave...which I believe is technically in Orland Park.

      We'll be meeting on Thursday this week instead of Wednesday...candy and all, ya know. Hope you can make it out.

      Cheers and Knit-On.
      Kris

      laurelena78 <laurelena78@...> wrote:
      Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
      with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
      don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
      to make some new friends.
      I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
      have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
      Cheers!
      Linda

    • Bethany
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 30, 2007
        --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, "laurelena78"
        <laurelena78@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
        > with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
        > don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
        > to make some new friends.
        > I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
        > have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
        > Cheers!
        > Linda

        Hi Linda! I picked up knitting again this year after a lifetime
        hiatus! I actually crochet as well! Hope to see you soon!
      • laurelena78
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
          Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
          Sorry I missed the last session. I work until 7:30pm on Wednesdays,
          and 8:30pm on Thursdays, all the way in River Forest (bleh!!), but I'm
          quitting that job, so once I've finished my two weeks, I'll be able to
          make it! Yay, more knitting time! I live in Lockport off 159th, so
          Orland Park/Tinley Park is not too far :D

          Oh, and I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area. I was an elementary
          school teacher there. Now I'll be subbing :)

          --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON
          <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

          > Hi Linda!
          >
          > I'm glad you've discovered us and I look forward to knitting with
          you...no matter what your skill level. We have ladies who have been
          doing it like...for-ever and other who have just started.

          > We were having conflicts with our previous location and have moved
          just north to Panera Bread, 15845 S Harlem Ave...which I believe is
          technically in Orland Park.

          > We'll be meeting on Thursday this week instead of Wednesday...candy
          and all, ya know. Hope you can make it out.

          > Cheers and Knit-On.
          > Kris
          >
          > laurelena78 <laurelena78@...> wrote:
          Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
          > with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
          > don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
          > to make some new friends.
          > I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
          > have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
          > Cheers!
          > Linda

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • laurelena78
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
            Hey, this is Linda again. I don't know if you all remember me. I met
            with your group several weeks ago, just before Thanksgiving. The
            holidays and life in general interfered, but I'd like to come back.
            Hope to see you all on Wednesday. :)

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
              Hi Linda!

              Hope you had a great holiday. We'd love for you to join us...I was hoping we didn't scare you away;)

              Cheers,
              Kris