Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] New Member

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 29, 2007
      Hi Linda! Welcome! I look forward to meeting you soon.

      Some of us get to Panera earlier than the official 7 pm start time.
      We used to meet from 7 to 10, but Panera closes earlier than our old
      meeting place. So now a lot of us are at Panera from 6 to 9.

      See you there!
      Theresa

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 29, 2007
        Hi Linda!

        I'm glad you've discovered us and I look forward to knitting with you...no matter what your skill level. We have ladies who have been doing it like...for-ever and other who have just started.

        We were having conflicts with our previous location and have moved just north to Panera Bread, 15845 S Harlem Ave...which I believe is technically in Orland Park.

        We'll be meeting on Thursday this week instead of Wednesday...candy and all, ya know. Hope you can make it out.

        Cheers and Knit-On.
        Kris

        laurelena78 <laurelena78@...> wrote:
        Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
        with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
        don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
        to make some new friends.
        I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
        have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
        Cheers!
        Linda

      • Bethany
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 30, 2007
          --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, "laurelena78"
          <laurelena78@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
          > with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
          > don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
          > to make some new friends.
          > I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
          > have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
          > Cheers!
          > Linda

          Hi Linda! I picked up knitting again this year after a lifetime
          hiatus! I actually crochet as well! Hope to see you soon!
        • laurelena78
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
            Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
            Sorry I missed the last session. I work until 7:30pm on Wednesdays,
            and 8:30pm on Thursdays, all the way in River Forest (bleh!!), but I'm
            quitting that job, so once I've finished my two weeks, I'll be able to
            make it! Yay, more knitting time! I live in Lockport off 159th, so
            Orland Park/Tinley Park is not too far :D

            Oh, and I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area. I was an elementary
            school teacher there. Now I'll be subbing :)

            --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON
            <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

            > Hi Linda!
            >
            > I'm glad you've discovered us and I look forward to knitting with
            you...no matter what your skill level. We have ladies who have been
            doing it like...for-ever and other who have just started.

            > We were having conflicts with our previous location and have moved
            just north to Panera Bread, 15845 S Harlem Ave...which I believe is
            technically in Orland Park.

            > We'll be meeting on Thursday this week instead of Wednesday...candy
            and all, ya know. Hope you can make it out.

            > Cheers and Knit-On.
            > Kris
            >
            > laurelena78 <laurelena78@...> wrote:
            Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
            > with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
            > don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
            > to make some new friends.
            > I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
            > have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
            > Cheers!
            > Linda

            > http://mail.yahoo.com

          • laurelena78
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
              Hey, this is Linda again. I don't know if you all remember me. I met
              with your group several weeks ago, just before Thanksgiving. The
              holidays and life in general interfered, but I'd like to come back.
              Hope to see you all on Wednesday. :)

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
                Hi Linda!

                Hope you had a great holiday. We'd love for you to join us...I was hoping we didn't scare you away;)

                Cheers,
                Kris