New Member

  • laurelena78
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 28, 2007
      Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
      with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
      don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
      to make some new friends.
      I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
      have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
      Cheers!
      Linda
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 29, 2007
        Hi Linda,

        We'd love to have you join us. We meet every Wednesday at 7 p.m. at
        Panera on Harlem Ave in Tinley Park.

        Where in California are you from? We have a few people who used to
        live out there.

        I look forward to seeing you.

        Becca

        --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, "laurelena78"

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 29, 2007
          Oops. I forgot to tell you, we are meeting this Thursday instead of
          Wednesday. Nobody wants to miss Halloween. Otherwise, we meet every
          Wednesday.

          Okay. Sorry for the confusion.

          Becca

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 29, 2007
            Hi Linda! Welcome! I look forward to meeting you soon.

            Some of us get to Panera earlier than the official 7 pm start time.
            We used to meet from 7 to 10, but Panera closes earlier than our old
            meeting place. So now a lot of us are at Panera from 6 to 9.

            See you there!
            Theresa

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 29, 2007
              Hi Linda!

              I'm glad you've discovered us and I look forward to knitting with you...no matter what your skill level. We have ladies who have been doing it like...for-ever and other who have just started.

              We were having conflicts with our previous location and have moved just north to Panera Bread, 15845 S Harlem Ave...which I believe is technically in Orland Park.

              We'll be meeting on Thursday this week instead of Wednesday...candy and all, ya know. Hope you can make it out.

              Cheers and Knit-On.
              Kris

              laurelena78 <laurelena78@...> wrote:
              Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
              with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
              don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
              to make some new friends.
              I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
              have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
              Cheers!
              Linda

            • Bethany
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 30, 2007
                <laurelena78@...> wrote:

                > Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
                > with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
                > don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
                > to make some new friends.
                > I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
                > have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
                > Cheers!
                > Linda

                Hi Linda! I picked up knitting again this year after a lifetime
                hiatus! I actually crochet as well! Hope to see you soon!
              • laurelena78
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 4, 2007
                  Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
                  Sorry I missed the last session. I work until 7:30pm on Wednesdays,
                  and 8:30pm on Thursdays, all the way in River Forest (bleh!!), but I'm
                  quitting that job, so once I've finished my two weeks, I'll be able to
                  make it! Yay, more knitting time! I live in Lockport off 159th, so
                  Orland Park/Tinley Park is not too far :D

                  Oh, and I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area. I was an elementary
                  school teacher there. Now I'll be subbing :)

                  --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON
                  <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Linda!
                  >
                  > I'm glad you've discovered us and I look forward to knitting with
                  you...no matter what your skill level. We have ladies who have been
                  doing it like...for-ever and other who have just started.

                  > We were having conflicts with our previous location and have moved
                  just north to Panera Bread, 15845 S Harlem Ave...which I believe is
                  technically in Orland Park.

                  > We'll be meeting on Thursday this week instead of Wednesday...candy
                  and all, ya know. Hope you can make it out.

                  > Cheers and Knit-On.
                  > Kris
                  >
                  > laurelena78 <laurelena78@...> wrote:
                  Hi, I just joined your group and would like to join a knitting session
                  > with you folks sometime. I've moved to Illinois from California and
                  > don't know a lot of people yet, so this is a great opportunity for me
                  > to make some new friends.
                  > I'm still a beginner knitter. I've knit some socks and scarves and
                  > have my first cardigan in my UFO pile :P I also like to crochet!
                  > Cheers!
                  > Linda

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                • laurelena78
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
                    Hey, this is Linda again. I don't know if you all remember me. I met
                    with your group several weeks ago, just before Thanksgiving. The
                    holidays and life in general interfered, but I'd like to come back.
                    Hope to see you all on Wednesday. :)

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
                      Hi Linda!

                      Hope you had a great holiday. We'd love for you to join us...I was hoping we didn't scare you away;)

                      Cheers,
                      Kris