Re: Stitch and Bitch, 9/12/2007, 7:00 pm

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
      Hi Melanie,

      Welcome to South Suburban Stitch N Bitch! We're glad you want to join
      us. I won't be at the meeting tomorrow night, and I know a few others
      won't be able to make it either, so you'll have a slightly smaller
      group this week, which may be a good thing. Sometimes we are
      overwhelming. :)

      We have knitters of all levels, from brand spanking new bought their
      first needles and yarn the day the joined, to people who design
      patterns, to a few crazy souls who are willing to take on the biggest
      of challenges.

      I can't wait to meet you next week.

      Again, welcome, and enjoy. :)

      Becca

      --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, Melanie Cannon
      <mel.cannon@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I'm a newbie to this list (and also to knitting/crocheting, really)
      and hope to make it tomorrow night to your SNB.

      > My name is Melanie, and I just moved to this area about a month ago
      to start a job. I graduated from law school in May and took the bar
      in July, and now I'm a legal aid almost-lawyer (waiting for those
      pesky bar results) at Prairie State Legal Services in Kankakee.

      > I was part of an SNB group in St. Louis, but we were mostly law
      students looking for a distraction from our books and none of us got
      especially good at making anything. So if you don't mind putting up
      with my beginner's questions, I'll look forward to meeting you!

      > Have a good one,
      > Melanie
      >

      > SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      a {color:#0066CC;text-decoration:none;} body
      {text-align:center; font-family:Arial;}
      .propertyname{text-align:right; font-size:13px; color:7A8180;
      vertical-align:top;white-space:nowrap;}
      .propertyvalue{text-align:left; font-size:13px; vertical-align:top;}
      .divider{width:5px;} #main {background-color:#4D94DB; width:525px;
      padding:0 0 10px 0; margin-bottom:10px;} #main_info
      {background-color:white; margin:0px 10px 0px 10px;clear:both; zoom:1;
      width:505px; overflow-x:auto;} .header_images {height:55px;
      margin-left:10px; margin-right:10px;zoom:1} #header_yahoo_image
      {margin-top:13px; float:left; width:274px;
      background-repeat:no-repeat; height:28px; text-align:left}
      #header_second_image {margin-top:10px; float:right; width:60px;
      height:38px; } .header_spacer {height:10px;} .line_divider
      {height:20px; clear:both;} #copyright_footer {font-size:10px;}
      #main_table{padding:0;
      > border-spacing:0; margin: 15px 10px 10px 15px;} #tip_footer
      {font-size:10px; text-align:center;} .clear_line{font-size:8px}

      > Reminder from:
      SouthSuburbanSnB Yahoo! Group
      Title: Stitch and Bitch
      Date: Wednesday
      September 12, 2007 Time:
      7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
      Repeats: This
      event repeats every week. Location:
      Caribou Coffee -- Harlem Ave, Tinley
      Park Street:
      16205 Harlem Ave City State Zip:
      Tinley Park, IL

      Get reminders on your
      mobile, Yahoo!
      > Messenger, and email.
      > Edit reminder options
      >
      > Copyright � 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of
      Service | Privacy Policy

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
        Ooooh, a new knitter and a new lawyer! I used to be a lawyer, so
        we'll have that in common, too. :) I won't be there tomorrow, but I
        look forward to meeting you next week.

        Welcome aboard!
        Theresa

        that gives answers, not web links.
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
          I'm glad you found us Melanie. We welcome every skill level and before you know it, you'll be addicted just like the rest of us;)

          See you tomorrow, Knit-On!

          Kris

          Melanie Cannon <mel.cannon@...> wrote:
          Hi everyone,

          I'm a newbie to this list (and also to knitting/crocheting , really) and hope to make it tomorrow night to your SNB.

          My name is Melanie, and I just moved to this area about a month ago to start a job.  I graduated from law school in May and took the bar in July, and now I'm a legal aid almost-lawyer (waiting for those pesky bar results) at Prairie State Legal Services in Kankakee.

          I was part of an SNB group in St. Louis, but we were mostly law students looking for a distraction from our books and none of us got especially good at making anything.  So if you don't mind putting up with my beginner's questions, I'll look forward to meeting you!

          Have a good one,
          Melanie

          SouthSuburbanSnB@ yahoogroups. com wrote:
          Reminder from: SouthSuburbanSnB Yahoo! Group

          Title: Stitch and Bitch