Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] Stitch and Bitch, 9/12/2007, 7:00 pm

  • Melanie Cannon
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      I'm a newbie to this list (and also to knitting/crocheting, really) and hope to make it tomorrow night to your SNB.

      My name is Melanie, and I just moved to this area about a month ago to start a job.  I graduated from law school in May and took the bar in July, and now I'm a legal aid almost-lawyer (waiting for those pesky bar results) at Prairie State Legal Services in Kankakee.

      I was part of an SNB group in St. Louis, but we were mostly law students looking for a distraction from our books and none of us got especially good at making anything.  So if you don't mind putting up with my beginner's questions, I'll look forward to meeting you!

      Have a good one,
      Melanie

      SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      Reminder from: SouthSuburbanSnB Yahoo! Group

      Title: Stitch and Bitch

      Date: Wednesday September 12, 2007
      Time: 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every week.
      Location: Caribou Coffee -- Harlem Ave, Tinley Park
      Street: 16205 Harlem Ave
      City State Zip: Tinley Park, IL

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
        Hi Melanie,

        Welcome to South Suburban Stitch N Bitch! We're glad you want to join
        us. I won't be at the meeting tomorrow night, and I know a few others
        won't be able to make it either, so you'll have a slightly smaller
        group this week, which may be a good thing. Sometimes we are
        overwhelming. :)

        We have knitters of all levels, from brand spanking new bought their
        first needles and yarn the day the joined, to people who design
        patterns, to a few crazy souls who are willing to take on the biggest
        of challenges.

        I can't wait to meet you next week.

        Again, welcome, and enjoy. :)

        Becca

        --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, Melanie Cannon
        <mel.cannon@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I'm a newbie to this list (and also to knitting/crocheting, really)
        and hope to make it tomorrow night to your SNB.

        > My name is Melanie, and I just moved to this area about a month ago
        to start a job. I graduated from law school in May and took the bar
        in July, and now I'm a legal aid almost-lawyer (waiting for those
        pesky bar results) at Prairie State Legal Services in Kankakee.

        > I was part of an SNB group in St. Louis, but we were mostly law
        students looking for a distraction from our books and none of us got
        especially good at making anything. So if you don't mind putting up
        with my beginner's questions, I'll look forward to meeting you!

        > Have a good one,
        > Melanie
        >

        > SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        a {color:#0066CC;text-decoration:none;} body
        {text-align:center; font-family:Arial;}
        .propertyname{text-align:right; font-size:13px; color:7A8180;
        vertical-align:top;white-space:nowrap;}
        .propertyvalue{text-align:left; font-size:13px; vertical-align:top;}
        .divider{width:5px;} #main {background-color:#4D94DB; width:525px;
        padding:0 0 10px 0; margin-bottom:10px;} #main_info
        {background-color:white; margin:0px 10px 0px 10px;clear:both; zoom:1;
        width:505px; overflow-x:auto;} .header_images {height:55px;
        margin-left:10px; margin-right:10px;zoom:1} #header_yahoo_image
        {margin-top:13px; float:left; width:274px;
        background-repeat:no-repeat; height:28px; text-align:left}
        #header_second_image {margin-top:10px; float:right; width:60px;
        height:38px; } .header_spacer {height:10px;} .line_divider
        {height:20px; clear:both;} #copyright_footer {font-size:10px;}
        #main_table{padding:0;
        > border-spacing:0; margin: 15px 10px 10px 15px;} #tip_footer
        {font-size:10px; text-align:center;} .clear_line{font-size:8px}

        Date: Wednesday
        September 12, 2007 Time:
        7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
        Repeats: This
        event repeats every week. Location:
        Caribou Coffee -- Harlem Ave, Tinley
        Park Street:
        16205 Harlem Ave City State Zip:
        Tinley Park, IL

        Get reminders on your
        mobile, Yahoo!
        > Messenger, and email.
        > Edit reminder options
        >
        > Copyright � 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of
        Service | Privacy Policy

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
          Ooooh, a new knitter and a new lawyer! I used to be a lawyer, so
          we'll have that in common, too. :) I won't be there tomorrow, but I
          look forward to meeting you next week.

          Welcome aboard!
          Theresa

          that gives answers, not web links.