Stitch and Bitch, 9/12/2007, 7:00 pm

  • SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
      Reminder from: SouthSuburbanSnB Yahoo! Group

      Title: Stitch and Bitch

      Date: Wednesday September 12, 2007
      Time: 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every week.
      Location: Caribou Coffee -- Harlem Ave, Tinley Park
      Street: 16205 Harlem Ave
      City State Zip: Tinley Park, IL

    • Melanie Cannon
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
        Hi everyone,

        I'm a newbie to this list (and also to knitting/crocheting, really) and hope to make it tomorrow night to your SNB.

        My name is Melanie, and I just moved to this area about a month ago to start a job.  I graduated from law school in May and took the bar in July, and now I'm a legal aid almost-lawyer (waiting for those pesky bar results) at Prairie State Legal Services in Kankakee.

        I was part of an SNB group in St. Louis, but we were mostly law students looking for a distraction from our books and none of us got especially good at making anything.  So if you don't mind putting up with my beginner's questions, I'll look forward to meeting you!

        Have a good one,
        Melanie

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
          Hi Melanie,

          Welcome to South Suburban Stitch N Bitch! We're glad you want to join
          us. I won't be at the meeting tomorrow night, and I know a few others
          won't be able to make it either, so you'll have a slightly smaller
          group this week, which may be a good thing. Sometimes we are
          overwhelming. :)

          We have knitters of all levels, from brand spanking new bought their
          first needles and yarn the day the joined, to people who design
          patterns, to a few crazy souls who are willing to take on the biggest
          of challenges.

          I can't wait to meet you next week.

          Again, welcome, and enjoy. :)

          Becca

          --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, Melanie Cannon
          <mel.cannon@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > I'm a newbie to this list (and also to knitting/crocheting, really)
          and hope to make it tomorrow night to your SNB.

          > My name is Melanie, and I just moved to this area about a month ago
          to start a job. I graduated from law school in May and took the bar
          in July, and now I'm a legal aid almost-lawyer (waiting for those
          pesky bar results) at Prairie State Legal Services in Kankakee.

          > I was part of an SNB group in St. Louis, but we were mostly law
          students looking for a distraction from our books and none of us got
          especially good at making anything. So if you don't mind putting up
          with my beginner's questions, I'll look forward to meeting you!

          > Have a good one,
          > Melanie
          >

          > SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          a {color:#0066CC;text-decoration:none;} body
          {text-align:center; font-family:Arial;}
          .propertyname{text-align:right; font-size:13px; color:7A8180;
          vertical-align:top;white-space:nowrap;}
          .propertyvalue{text-align:left; font-size:13px; vertical-align:top;}
          .divider{width:5px;} #main {background-color:#4D94DB; width:525px;
          padding:0 0 10px 0; margin-bottom:10px;} #main_info
          {background-color:white; margin:0px 10px 0px 10px;clear:both; zoom:1;
          width:505px; overflow-x:auto;} .header_images {height:55px;
          margin-left:10px; margin-right:10px;zoom:1} #header_yahoo_image
          {margin-top:13px; float:left; width:274px;
          background-repeat:no-repeat; height:28px; text-align:left}
          #header_second_image {margin-top:10px; float:right; width:60px;
          height:38px; } .header_spacer {height:10px;} .line_divider
          {height:20px; clear:both;} #copyright_footer {font-size:10px;}
          #main_table{padding:0;
          > border-spacing:0; margin: 15px 10px 10px 15px;} #tip_footer
          {font-size:10px; text-align:center;} .clear_line{font-size:8px}

          Date: Wednesday
          September 12, 2007 Time:
          7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
          Repeats: This
          event repeats every week. Location:
          Caribou Coffee -- Harlem Ave, Tinley
          Park Street:
          16205 Harlem Ave City State Zip:
          Tinley Park, IL

          Get reminders on your
          mobile, Yahoo!
          > Messenger, and email.
          > Edit reminder options
          >
          > Copyright � 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of
          Service | Privacy Policy

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
            Ooooh, a new knitter and a new lawyer! I used to be a lawyer, so
            we'll have that in common, too. :) I won't be there tomorrow, but I
            look forward to meeting you next week.

            Welcome aboard!
            Theresa

            that gives answers, not web links.