Re: Checking In / Spontaneous SNB?

  • Apolonia Skywalk
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
      Ah, 8pm sounds fine to me, though I am going to try to get there
      earlier than that... never know what the family will do... last time I
      made plans to SNB while home, my family had to work around the
      schedule and stuff an earlier dinner in there ;-) I am HOPING the
      reception will cover the family dinner thing this time because I am
      GOING to Caribou... I really miss you all, but I miss the Coffee too :-)

      SWEET!

      --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, Theresa Stevens
      <tstevens_pers@...> wrote:

      > Oh, I would love to see you! Count me in, work permitting. At worst,
      > if we do it in the evening, I would get there around 8.
      >
      > Sorry to hear work has been so grueling. Mine is too these days. But
      > the worst always passes, right?
      >
      > Take pictures of the crochet box. The piece I saw was lovely, and I'd
      > really like to see the whole thing finished. It will be quite an
      > accomplishment.
      >
      > Theresa
      >

      > --- Apolonia Skywalk <nia_mac@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Just so you don't think I have forgotten all about you all.
      > >
      > > I had a rather annoying summer and I wasn't able to come in for the
      > > two weeks I had planned. Oh well.
      > >
      > > Annoyingly, I haven't been able to make to any SNBs out here either
      > > because I have been working WAY TOO LONG just to stay caught up.
      > > There
      > > is something fundamentally wrong with this, but I can't change it
      > > until a certain update is completely finished and then I can forget
      > > it
      > > for a month ;-)
      > >
      > > Anyhow, in a fit of Itchy Fingers this Labor Day weekend, I
      > > crocheted.
      > > And boy did I... Do you remember the Scarf Box I was working on?
      > > The
      > > tiny filet crochet? It took me a year of off and on crocheting to
      > > do
      > > one piece. The bottom. Well, this weekend I did the top, front,
      > > back
      > > and both sides! OMG! That means I just need to wash, block,
      > > starch,
      > > protect and assemble it... Hmmm... must get to a Craft store to get
      > > ruled pinboard. I am thinking of giving this to my cousins fiancee
      > > for her wedding on Saturday Sept 15 so I am afraid you may not be
      > > able
      > > to see it.
      > >
      > > Oh Yeah! I will be in Tinley! My Cousin is getting Married on the
      > > 15th
      > > at the Parish my mother says our house falls into. Anyway, since
      > > the
      > > reception is the same night and I got a day off from work, I will
      > > be
      > > IN on Sunday night! Anyone available for a spontaneous SNB at
      > > Caribou
      > > on the 16th in the afternoon or evening?
      > >
      > > LOL and I declare a pirate theme! Since International Talk Like a
      > > Pirate day is nearby.
      > >
      > > Anyhow, I haven't forgotten about you all! I totally miss you,
      > > hope I
      > > see some of you on Sunday, Sept 16!
      > >
      > > Later Days,
      > > Vicky

      user panel and lay it on us.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
        I may be able to get there earlier, but won't know until a few days
        beforehand. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

        This is going to be great! I can't wait to hear the latest round of
        New York stories. :)

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
          I will see if I can make it out...Sunday nights are difficult with school and work in the morning. ~Kris

          Apolonia Skywalk <nia_mac@...> wrote:
          Just so you don't think I have forgotten all about you all.

          I had a rather annoying summer and I wasn't able to come in for the
          two weeks I had planned. Oh well.

          Annoyingly, I haven't been able to make to any SNBs out here either
          because I have been working WAY TOO LONG just to stay caught up. There
          is something fundamentally wrong with this, but I can't change it
          until a certain update is completely finished and then I can forget it
          for a month ;-)

          Anyhow, in a fit of Itchy Fingers this Labor Day weekend, I crocheted.
          And boy did I... Do you remember the Scarf Box I was working on? The
          tiny filet crochet? It took me a year of off and on crocheting to do
          one piece. The bottom. Well, this weekend I did the top, front, back
          and both sides! OMG! That means I just need to wash, block, starch,
          protect and assemble it... Hmmm... must get to a Craft store to get a