Re: Checking In / Spontaneous SNB?

  • Apolonia Skywalk
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
      Aw! Sorry that I won't see you. Hope your vacation goes well ;-)

      --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, M B Gentleman <elefink2@...>
      wrote:

      > I'd love to come, but I won't have returned from my vacation until
      late that night.

      > Apolonia Skywalk <nia_mac@...> wrote:
      Just so you don't think I have forgotten all about you all.

      > I had a rather annoying summer and I wasn't able to come in for the
      > two weeks I had planned. Oh well.
      >
      > Annoyingly, I haven't been able to make to any SNBs out here either
      > because I have been working WAY TOO LONG just to stay caught up. There
      > is something fundamentally wrong with this, but I can't change it
      > until a certain update is completely finished and then I can forget it
      > for a month ;-)
      >
      > Anyhow, in a fit of Itchy Fingers this Labor Day weekend, I crocheted.
      > And boy did I... Do you remember the Scarf Box I was working on? The
      > tiny filet crochet? It took me a year of off and on crocheting to do
      > one piece. The bottom. Well, this weekend I did the top, front, back
      > and both sides! OMG! That means I just need to wash, block, starch,
      > protect and assemble it... Hmmm... must get to a Craft store to get a
      > ruled pinboard. I am thinking of giving this to my cousins fiancee
      > for her wedding on Saturday Sept 15 so I am afraid you may not be able
      > to see it.
      >
      > Oh Yeah! I will be in Tinley! My Cousin is getting Married on the 15th
      > at the Parish my mother says our house falls into. Anyway, since the
      > reception is the same night and I got a day off from work, I will be
      > IN on Sunday night! Anyone available for a spontaneous SNB at Caribou
      > on the 16th in the afternoon or evening?
      >
      > LOL and I declare a pirate theme! Since International Talk Like a
      > Pirate day is nearby.
      >
      > Anyhow, I haven't forgotten about you all! I totally miss you, hope I
      > see some of you on Sunday, Sept 16!
      >
      > Later Days,
      > Vicky

      > Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

    • Apolonia Skywalk
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
        Ah, 8pm sounds fine to me, though I am going to try to get there
        earlier than that... never know what the family will do... last time I
        made plans to SNB while home, my family had to work around the
        schedule and stuff an earlier dinner in there ;-) I am HOPING the
        reception will cover the family dinner thing this time because I am
        GOING to Caribou... I really miss you all, but I miss the Coffee too :-)

        SWEET!

        --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, Theresa Stevens
        <tstevens_pers@...> wrote:

        > Oh, I would love to see you! Count me in, work permitting. At worst,
        > if we do it in the evening, I would get there around 8.
        >
        > Sorry to hear work has been so grueling. Mine is too these days. But
        > the worst always passes, right?
        >
        > Take pictures of the crochet box. The piece I saw was lovely, and I'd
        > really like to see the whole thing finished. It will be quite an
        > accomplishment.
        >
        > Theresa
        >

        > --- Apolonia Skywalk <nia_mac@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Just so you don't think I have forgotten all about you all.
        > >
        > > I had a rather annoying summer and I wasn't able to come in for the
        > > two weeks I had planned. Oh well.
        > >
        > > Annoyingly, I haven't been able to make to any SNBs out here either
        > > because I have been working WAY TOO LONG just to stay caught up.
        > > There
        > > is something fundamentally wrong with this, but I can't change it
        > > until a certain update is completely finished and then I can forget
        > > it
        > > for a month ;-)
        > >
        > > Anyhow, in a fit of Itchy Fingers this Labor Day weekend, I
        > > crocheted.
        > > And boy did I... Do you remember the Scarf Box I was working on?
        > > The
        > > tiny filet crochet? It took me a year of off and on crocheting to
        > > do
        > > one piece. The bottom. Well, this weekend I did the top, front,
        > > back
        > > and both sides! OMG! That means I just need to wash, block,
        > > starch,
        > > protect and assemble it... Hmmm... must get to a Craft store to get
        > > ruled pinboard. I am thinking of giving this to my cousins fiancee
        > > for her wedding on Saturday Sept 15 so I am afraid you may not be
        > > able
        > > to see it.
        > >
        > > Oh Yeah! I will be in Tinley! My Cousin is getting Married on the
        > > 15th
        > > at the Parish my mother says our house falls into. Anyway, since
        > > the
        > > reception is the same night and I got a day off from work, I will
        > > be
        > > IN on Sunday night! Anyone available for a spontaneous SNB at
        > > Caribou
        > > on the 16th in the afternoon or evening?
        > >
        > > LOL and I declare a pirate theme! Since International Talk Like a
        > > Pirate day is nearby.
        > >
        > > Anyhow, I haven't forgotten about you all! I totally miss you,
        > > hope I
        > > see some of you on Sunday, Sept 16!
        > >
        > > Later Days,
        > > Vicky

        user panel and lay it on us.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
          I may be able to get there earlier, but won't know until a few days
          beforehand. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

          This is going to be great! I can't wait to hear the latest round of
          New York stories. :)

          Theresa