Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] Checking In / Spontaneous SNB?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007
      Oh, I would love to see you! Count me in, work permitting. At worst,
      if we do it in the evening, I would get there around 8.

      Sorry to hear work has been so grueling. Mine is too these days. But
      the worst always passes, right?

      Take pictures of the crochet box. The piece I saw was lovely, and I'd
      really like to see the whole thing finished. It will be quite an
      accomplishment.

      Theresa

    • Apolonia Skywalk
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
        Aw! Sorry that I won't see you. Hope your vacation goes well ;-)

        --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, M B Gentleman <elefink2@...>
        wrote:

        > I'd love to come, but I won't have returned from my vacation until
        late that night.

        > Apolonia Skywalk <nia_mac@...> wrote:
        Just so you don't think I have forgotten all about you all.

        > I had a rather annoying summer and I wasn't able to come in for the
        > two weeks I had planned. Oh well.
        >
        > Annoyingly, I haven't been able to make to any SNBs out here either
        > because I have been working WAY TOO LONG just to stay caught up. There
        > is something fundamentally wrong with this, but I can't change it
        > until a certain update is completely finished and then I can forget it
        > for a month ;-)
        >
        > Anyhow, in a fit of Itchy Fingers this Labor Day weekend, I crocheted.
        > And boy did I... Do you remember the Scarf Box I was working on? The
        > tiny filet crochet? It took me a year of off and on crocheting to do
        > one piece. The bottom. Well, this weekend I did the top, front, back
        > and both sides! OMG! That means I just need to wash, block, starch,
        > protect and assemble it... Hmmm... must get to a Craft store to get a
        > ruled pinboard. I am thinking of giving this to my cousins fiancee
        > for her wedding on Saturday Sept 15 so I am afraid you may not be able
        > to see it.
        >
        > Oh Yeah! I will be in Tinley! My Cousin is getting Married on the 15th
        > at the Parish my mother says our house falls into. Anyway, since the
        > reception is the same night and I got a day off from work, I will be
        > IN on Sunday night! Anyone available for a spontaneous SNB at Caribou
        > on the 16th in the afternoon or evening?
        >
        > LOL and I declare a pirate theme! Since International Talk Like a
        > Pirate day is nearby.
        >
        > Anyhow, I haven't forgotten about you all! I totally miss you, hope I
        > see some of you on Sunday, Sept 16!
        >
        > Later Days,
        > Vicky

        > Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

      • Apolonia Skywalk
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
          Ah, 8pm sounds fine to me, though I am going to try to get there
          earlier than that... never know what the family will do... last time I
          made plans to SNB while home, my family had to work around the
          schedule and stuff an earlier dinner in there ;-) I am HOPING the
          reception will cover the family dinner thing this time because I am
          GOING to Caribou... I really miss you all, but I miss the Coffee too :-)

          SWEET!

          --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, Theresa Stevens
          <tstevens_pers@...> wrote:

          > Oh, I would love to see you! Count me in, work permitting. At worst,
          > if we do it in the evening, I would get there around 8.
          >
          > Sorry to hear work has been so grueling. Mine is too these days. But
          > the worst always passes, right?
          >
          > Take pictures of the crochet box. The piece I saw was lovely, and I'd
          > really like to see the whole thing finished. It will be quite an
          > accomplishment.
          >
          > Theresa
          >

          > --- Apolonia Skywalk <nia_mac@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Just so you don't think I have forgotten all about you all.
          > >
          > > I had a rather annoying summer and I wasn't able to come in for the
          > > two weeks I had planned. Oh well.
          > >
          > > Annoyingly, I haven't been able to make to any SNBs out here either
          > > because I have been working WAY TOO LONG just to stay caught up.
          > > There
          > > is something fundamentally wrong with this, but I can't change it
          > > until a certain update is completely finished and then I can forget
          > > it
          > > for a month ;-)
          > >
          > > Anyhow, in a fit of Itchy Fingers this Labor Day weekend, I
          > > crocheted.
          > > And boy did I... Do you remember the Scarf Box I was working on?
          > > The
          > > tiny filet crochet? It took me a year of off and on crocheting to
          > > do
          > > one piece. The bottom. Well, this weekend I did the top, front,
          > > back
          > > and both sides! OMG! That means I just need to wash, block,
          > > starch,
          > > protect and assemble it... Hmmm... must get to a Craft store to get
          > > ruled pinboard. I am thinking of giving this to my cousins fiancee
          > > for her wedding on Saturday Sept 15 so I am afraid you may not be
          > > able
          > > to see it.
          > >
          > > Oh Yeah! I will be in Tinley! My Cousin is getting Married on the
          > > 15th
          > > at the Parish my mother says our house falls into. Anyway, since
          > > the
          > > reception is the same night and I got a day off from work, I will
          > > be
          > > IN on Sunday night! Anyone available for a spontaneous SNB at
          > > Caribou
          > > on the 16th in the afternoon or evening?
          > >
          > > LOL and I declare a pirate theme! Since International Talk Like a
          > > Pirate day is nearby.
          > >
          > > Anyhow, I haven't forgotten about you all! I totally miss you,
          > > hope I
          > > see some of you on Sunday, Sept 16!
          > >
          > > Later Days,
          > > Vicky

          user panel and lay it on us.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
            I may be able to get there earlier, but won't know until a few days
            beforehand. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

            This is going to be great! I can't wait to hear the latest round of
            New York stories. :)