Checking In / Spontaneous SNB?

  • Apolonia Skywalk
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5 11:26 AM
      Just so you don't think I have forgotten all about you all.

      I had a rather annoying summer and I wasn't able to come in for the
      two weeks I had planned. Oh well.

      Annoyingly, I haven't been able to make to any SNBs out here either
      because I have been working WAY TOO LONG just to stay caught up. There
      is something fundamentally wrong with this, but I can't change it
      until a certain update is completely finished and then I can forget it
      for a month ;-)

      Anyhow, in a fit of Itchy Fingers this Labor Day weekend, I crocheted.
      And boy did I... Do you remember the Scarf Box I was working on? The
      tiny filet crochet? It took me a year of off and on crocheting to do
      one piece. The bottom. Well, this weekend I did the top, front, back
      and both sides! OMG! That means I just need to wash, block, starch,
      protect and assemble it... Hmmm... must get to a Craft store to get a
      ruled pinboard. I am thinking of giving this to my cousins fiancee
      for her wedding on Saturday Sept 15 so I am afraid you may not be able
      to see it.

      Oh Yeah! I will be in Tinley! My Cousin is getting Married on the 15th
      at the Parish my mother says our house falls into. Anyway, since the
      reception is the same night and I got a day off from work, I will be
      IN on Sunday night! Anyone available for a spontaneous SNB at Caribou
      on the 16th in the afternoon or evening?

      LOL and I declare a pirate theme! Since International Talk Like a
      Pirate day is nearby.

      Anyhow, I haven't forgotten about you all! I totally miss you, hope I
      see some of you on Sunday, Sept 16!

      Later Days,
      Vicky
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5 11:35 AM
        I'd love to come, but I won't have returned from my vacation until late that night.

        Apolonia Skywalk <nia_mac@...> wrote:
[...]

        Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5 9:05 PM
          Oh, I would love to see you! Count me in, work permitting. At worst,
          if we do it in the evening, I would get there around 8.

          Sorry to hear work has been so grueling. Mine is too these days. But
          the worst always passes, right?

          Take pictures of the crochet box. The piece I saw was lovely, and I'd
          really like to see the whole thing finished. It will be quite an
          accomplishment.

          Theresa

        • Apolonia Skywalk
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6 6:44 AM
            Aw! Sorry that I won't see you. Hope your vacation goes well ;-)

            --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, M B Gentleman <elefink2@...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6 6:57 AM
              Ah, 8pm sounds fine to me, though I am going to try to get there
              earlier than that... never know what the family will do... last time I
              made plans to SNB while home, my family had to work around the
              schedule and stuff an earlier dinner in there ;-) I am HOPING the
              reception will cover the family dinner thing this time because I am
              GOING to Caribou... I really miss you all, but I miss the Coffee too :-)

              SWEET!

              --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, Theresa Stevens
              <tstevens_pers@...> wrote:

              > Oh, I would love to see you! Count me in, work permitting. At worst,
              > if we do it in the evening, I would get there around 8.
              >
              > Sorry to hear work has been so grueling. Mine is too these days. But
              > the worst always passes, right?
              >
              > Take pictures of the crochet box. The piece I saw was lovely, and I'd
              > really like to see the whole thing finished. It will be quite an
              > accomplishment.
              >
              > Theresa
              >

              > --- Apolonia Skywalk <nia_mac@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Just so you don't think I have forgotten all about you all.
              > >
              > > I had a rather annoying summer and I wasn't able to come in for the
              > > two weeks I had planned. Oh well.
              > >
              > > Annoyingly, I haven't been able to make to any SNBs out here either
              > > because I have been working WAY TOO LONG just to stay caught up.
              > > There
              > > is something fundamentally wrong with this, but I can't change it
              > > until a certain update is completely finished and then I can forget
              > > it
              > > for a month ;-)
              > >
              > > Anyhow, in a fit of Itchy Fingers this Labor Day weekend, I
              > > crocheted.
              > > And boy did I... Do you remember the Scarf Box I was working on?
              > > The
              > > tiny filet crochet? It took me a year of off and on crocheting to
              > > do
              > > one piece. The bottom. Well, this weekend I did the top, front,
              > > back
              > > and both sides! OMG! That means I just need to wash, block,
              > > starch,
              > > protect and assemble it... Hmmm... must get to a Craft store to get
              > > ruled pinboard. I am thinking of giving this to my cousins fiancee
              > > for her wedding on Saturday Sept 15 so I am afraid you may not be
              > > able
              > > to see it.
              > >
              > > Oh Yeah! I will be in Tinley! My Cousin is getting Married on the
              > > 15th
              > > at the Parish my mother says our house falls into. Anyway, since
              > > the
              > > reception is the same night and I got a day off from work, I will
              > > be
              > > IN on Sunday night! Anyone available for a spontaneous SNB at
              > > Caribou
              > > on the 16th in the afternoon or evening?
              > >
              > > LOL and I declare a pirate theme! Since International Talk Like a
              > > Pirate day is nearby.
              > >
              > > Anyhow, I haven't forgotten about you all! I totally miss you,
              > > hope I
              > > see some of you on Sunday, Sept 16!
              > >
              > > Later Days,
              > > Vicky

              user panel and lay it on us.

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 6 7:28 AM
                I may be able to get there earlier, but won't know until a few days
                beforehand. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

                This is going to be great! I can't wait to hear the latest round of
                New York stories. :)

                Theresa