Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] HELP! Need a quick baby creation!

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2007
      I think booties would be great...here are some links:

      http://home.howstuffworks.com/free-baby-bootie-knitting-patterns2.htm

      or this one has a free pattern download on sidebar:

      http://www.saartjeknits.nl/

      or this:

      http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2291

      Okay...Ravelry is just awesome....here is another:

      http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/beths-booties.html

      You could also knit a small baby hat:

      http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babynewhat.htm

      I made this one several times. I usually skip the eyelet holes, which is for a piece of decorative ribbon. Also, it's knit flat with a straight seem up the back..super quick.

      Hope that helps.

      Kris

      sahmiamnc <nancy@...> wrote:
      I just found out there's a baby shower next Tuesday for a friend in my
      homeschooling group, and I'd really like to knit something for her.

      Booties?

      Baby Surprise Sweater?

      I've never knit a real article of clothing, especially one as a gift.
      Suggestions, please? Remembering, of course, that it took me two and
      a half months to knit my son a pair of socks? <sheepish grin>

      Thanks!

      ~Nancy

      Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.