Re: HELP! Need a quick baby creation!

  • stoler2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2007
      Booties. Definitely booties. They are the fastest knit ever. A pair
      of booties takes about 4 hours of knitting time. Seriously easy, and
      always impressive.

      Whenever I give a pair of hand-knit booties, I stuff them with cotton
      balls so they look "full" and pin them together with a diaper pin.

      You can so do this. :)

      Becca

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 14, 2007
          Err, that was me. I didn't realize mom was signed into Yahoo on my
          computer. Oops.

          Becca

          --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, "stoler2001" <stoler2001@...>

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 14, 2007
            I'd stick with booties. Anything else might take too long. You only
            have a week!

            Google free baby bootie patterns and you'll find plenty of options.

            The other possibility would be a bib or baby washcloth. They're also
            small projects. They might be easier than booties because they use
            less shaping.

            Good luck!
            Theresa

            --- sahmiamnc <nancy@...> wrote:

            > I just found out there's a baby shower next Tuesday for a friend in
            > my
            > homeschooling group, and I'd really like to knit something for her.
            >
            > Booties?
            >
            > Baby Surprise Sweater?
            >
            > I've never knit a real article of clothing, especially one as a
            > gift.
            > Suggestions, please? Remembering, of course, that it took me two
            > and
            > a half months to knit my son a pair of socks? <sheepish grin>
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > ~Nancy

            that gives answers, not web links.
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 14, 2007
              I think booties would be great...here are some links:

              http://home.howstuffworks.com/free-baby-bootie-knitting-patterns2.htm

              or this one has a free pattern download on sidebar:

              http://www.saartjeknits.nl/

              or this:

              http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2291

              Okay...Ravelry is just awesome....here is another:

              http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/beths-booties.html

              You could also knit a small baby hat:

              http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babynewhat.htm

              I made this one several times. I usually skip the eyelet holes, which is for a piece of decorative ribbon. Also, it's knit flat with a straight seem up the back..super quick.

              Hope that helps.

              Kris

              sahmiamnc <nancy@...> wrote:
              I just found out there's a baby shower next Tuesday for a friend in my
              homeschooling group, and I'd really like to knit something for her.

              Booties?

              Baby Surprise Sweater?

              I've never knit a real article of clothing, especially one as a gift.
              Suggestions, please? Remembering, of course, that it took me two and
              a half months to knit my son a pair of socks? <sheepish grin>

              Thanks!

              ~Nancy

              Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.