HELP! Need a quick baby creation!

  • sahmiamnc
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14 8:23 AM
      I just found out there's a baby shower next Tuesday for a friend in my
      homeschooling group, and I'd really like to knit something for her.

      Booties?

      Baby Surprise Sweater?

      I've never knit a real article of clothing, especially one as a gift.
      Suggestions, please? Remembering, of course, that it took me two and
      a half months to knit my son a pair of socks? <sheepish grin>

      Thanks!

      ~Nancy
    • stoler2001
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 14 8:28 AM
        Booties. Definitely booties. They are the fastest knit ever. A pair
        of booties takes about 4 hours of knitting time. Seriously easy, and
        always impressive.

        Whenever I give a pair of hand-knit booties, I stuff them with cotton
        balls so they look "full" and pin them together with a diaper pin.

        You can so do this. :)

        Becca

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 14 8:34 AM
            Err, that was me. I didn't realize mom was signed into Yahoo on my
            computer. Oops.

            Becca

            --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, "stoler2001" <stoler2001@...>

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 14 9:10 AM
              I'd stick with booties. Anything else might take too long. You only
              have a week!

              Google free baby bootie patterns and you'll find plenty of options.

              The other possibility would be a bib or baby washcloth. They're also
              small projects. They might be easier than booties because they use
              less shaping.

              Good luck!
              Theresa

              --- sahmiamnc <nancy@...> wrote:

              > I just found out there's a baby shower next Tuesday for a friend in
              > my
              > homeschooling group, and I'd really like to knit something for her.
              >
              > Booties?
              >
              > Baby Surprise Sweater?
              >
              > I've never knit a real article of clothing, especially one as a
              > gift.
              > Suggestions, please? Remembering, of course, that it took me two
              > and
              > a half months to knit my son a pair of socks? <sheepish grin>
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > ~Nancy

              that gives answers, not web links.
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 14 11:55 AM
                I think booties would be great...here are some links:

                http://home.howstuffworks.com/free-baby-bootie-knitting-patterns2.htm

                or this one has a free pattern download on sidebar:

                http://www.saartjeknits.nl/

                or this:

                http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2291

                Okay...Ravelry is just awesome....here is another:

                http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/beths-booties.html

                You could also knit a small baby hat:

                http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babynewhat.htm

                I made this one several times. I usually skip the eyelet holes, which is for a piece of decorative ribbon. Also, it's knit flat with a straight seem up the back..super quick.

                Hope that helps.

                Kris

                sahmiamnc <nancy@...> wrote:
                I just found out there's a baby shower next Tuesday for a friend in my
                homeschooling group, and I'd really like to knit something for her.

                Booties?

                Baby Surprise Sweater?

                I've never knit a real article of clothing, especially one as a gift.
                Suggestions, please? Remembering, of course, that it took me two and
                a half months to knit my son a pair of socks? <sheepish grin>

                Thanks!

                ~Nancy

                Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.