Re: Knit in public day

  • Kris
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
      Well...just got off the phone with hubby. It looks like only one kid
      is going away. Now I have to decide if I really want to go lugging
      Miss Mac around for the day. I don't think I'll enjoy the day all that
      much if I have to watch out for her every two seconds, yet I feel like
      doing it just because.

      The downfall is that she loves the Faces sculpture...hey any kid is
      going to go gaa-gaa over water. I just know I wont be able to keep her
      away from it.

      bumm:(~K

      --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON
      <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

      > Hi MB,
      >
      > kids are at grandma's + hubby away at game = KIP day for me. I'll be
      taking the Metric Electric line downtown...I'm jumping on the 11:10
      train, which is to arrive at noon in the city. I think I'll stick
      around for about 2 hours and then hit Loopy yarns and of course I'll
      need to grab a bit to eat too;) I was anticipating taking the 4:08
      train home...but hell if I'm having a great time, I might stay longer;)

      > I do work right off Michigan Ave, so if anyone wishes to hit (clean)
      potties and free refreshments, your more then welcome to join me!

      > FYI: Loopy's is roughly a 15 min walk from Millenium park.
      >
      > See you there!
      > Kris

      Hey everyone.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
        Would it be possible to put her in a bathing suit and knit while she
        plays in the water? I thought the WWKIP meetup spot was right there
        at the Faces sculpture. I bet you could fit a change of clothes for
        her in your knitting bag. Just an idea.

        I hope it works out for you!
        Theresa

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
          I would totally take her if the park wasn't so popular. I was there back in May and the place was crowded. It was hard to keep a conversation and watch Mac play among the (what seemed like) hundreds of kids.

          ~sigh

          Maybe a quick trip to Nana's would lighten my spirits;)

          Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://surveylink. yahoo.com/ gmrs/yahoo_ panel_invite. asp?a=7