Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] Knit in public day

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
      Hi MB,

      kids are at grandma's + hubby away at game = KIP day for me. I'll be taking the Metric Electric line downtown...I'm jumping on the 11:10 train, which is to arrive at noon in the city. I think I'll stick around for about 2 hours and then hit Loopy yarns and of course I'll need to grab a bit to eat too;) I was anticipating taking the 4:08 train home...but hell if I'm having a great time, I might stay longer;)

      I do work right off Michigan Ave, so if anyone wishes to hit (clean) potties and free refreshments, your more then welcome to join me!

      FYI: Loopy's is roughly a 15 min walk from Millenium park.

      See you there!
      Kris

      Mary Bridget <elefink2@...> wrote:
      Hey everyone.

      SNBWB is going to the Knit in Public Day event tomorrow. We'll be
      meeting at the Ogilvie Station at about noon and going over to
      Millenium park. I'm sure the group would be happy to meet up. Is
      anyone from this group coming down?

      As for my absence, I have not crawled under a rock, stopped knitting,
      or stopped loving you all. With the summer construction, the ride
      down to Tinley Park from Bensenville has doubled to almost two
      hours. I've also been pretty wiped out with a bout of illness. I'm
      sure I'll be returning to action when one of the two problems
      improves. In the interim, I would love to take part in any weekend
      get togethers anyone wants to do. It's much easier to come down to
      the South Suburbs on a weekend.

      mb

      PS, Next weekend is the St. Andrew's Society Highland Games in Oak
      Brook. I am going in my new socks and throwing haggis. Who wants to
      cheer?

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
        OK you guys. I am really jealous. I have to walk 15 miles on Sat to train for my walk. But I will be thinking about you all. Enjoy your day. A

        Theresa Stevens <tstevens_pers@...> wrote:
        I can't go.
        <pout>
        I just have too much work to do this weekend. I'm going to hibernate
        and knock through as much as I can.

        With frequent knitting breaks, of course!
        Theresa

        --- Mary Bridget <elefink2@yahoo. com> wrote:

        > Hey everyone.
        >
        > SNBWB is going to the Knit in Public Day event tomorrow. We'll be
        > meeting at the Ogilvie Station at about noon and going over to
        > Millenium park. I'm sure the group would be happy to meet up. Is
        > anyone from this group coming down?
        >
        > As for my absence, I have not crawled under a rock, stopped
        > knitting,
        > or stopped loving you all. With the summer construction, the ride
        > down to Tinley Park from Bensenville has doubled to almost two
        > hours. I've also been pretty wiped out with a bout of illness.
        > I'm
        > sure I'll be returning to action when one of the two problems
        > improves. In the interim, I would love to take part in any weekend
        >
        > get togethers anyone wants to do. It's much easier to come down to
        >
        > the South Suburbs on a weekend.
        >
        > mb
        >
        > PS, Next weekend is the St. Andrew's Society Highland Games in Oak
        > Brook. I am going in my new socks and throwing haggis. Who wants
        > cheer?

        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
        http://search. yahoo.com/ search?fr= oni_on_mail& p=graduation+ gifts&cs= bz

        Building a website is a piece of cake.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
          Aleta...have you tried knitting and walking at the same time? I've heard some try, yet I think I would trip, fall or do some bodily harm to my self if I tried. -Good luck with your walk, my the wind be at your back;) ~K

          Theresa Stevens <tstevens_pers@ yahoo.com> wrote:
          I can't go.
          <pout>
          I just have too much work to do this weekend. I'm going to hibernate
          and knock through as much as I can.

          With frequent knitting breaks, of course!
          Theresa

          --- Mary Bridget <elefink2@yahoo. com> wrote:

          > Hey everyone.
          >
          > SNBWB is going to the Knit in Public Day event tomorrow. We'll be
          > meeting at the Ogilvie Station at about noon and going over to
          > Millenium park. I'm sure the group would be happy to meet up. Is
          > anyone from this group coming down?
          >
          > As for my absence, I have not crawled under a rock, stopped
          > knitting,
          > or stopped loving you all. With the summer construction, the ride
          > down to Tinley Park from Bensenville has doubled to almost two
          > hours. I've also been pretty wiped out with a bout of illness.
          > I'm
          > sure I'll be returning to action when one of the two problems
          > improves. In the interim, I would love to take part in any weekend
          >
          > get togethers anyone wants to do. It's much easier to come down to
          >
          > the South Suburbs on a weekend.
          >
          > mb
          >
          > PS, Next weekend is the St. Andrew's Society Highland Games in Oak
          > Brook. I am going in my new socks and throwing haggis. Who wants
          > cheer?

          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
          http://search. yahoo.com/ search?fr= oni_on_mail& p=graduation+ gifts&cs= bz

          Building a website is a piece of cake.

          Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
          in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

        • Kris
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
            Well...just got off the phone with hubby. It looks like only one kid
            is going away. Now I have to decide if I really want to go lugging
            Miss Mac around for the day. I don't think I'll enjoy the day all that
            much if I have to watch out for her every two seconds, yet I feel like
            doing it just because.

            The downfall is that she loves the Faces sculpture...hey any kid is
            going to go gaa-gaa over water. I just know I wont be able to keep her
            away from it.

            bumm:(~K

            --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
              Would it be possible to put her in a bathing suit and knit while she
              plays in the water? I thought the WWKIP meetup spot was right there
              at the Faces sculpture. I bet you could fit a change of clothes for
              her in your knitting bag. Just an idea.

              I hope it works out for you!
              Theresa

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
                I would totally take her if the park wasn't so popular. I was there back in May and the place was crowded. It was hard to keep a conversation and watch Mac play among the (what seemed like) hundreds of kids.

                ~sigh

                Maybe a quick trip to Nana's would lighten my spirits;)

                Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://surveylink. yahoo.com/ gmrs/yahoo_ panel_invite. asp?a=7