Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] Knit in public day

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
      I can't go.
      <pout>
      I just have too much work to do this weekend. I'm going to hibernate
      and knock through as much as I can.

      With frequent knitting breaks, of course!
      Theresa

      --- Mary Bridget <elefink2@...> wrote:

      > Hey everyone.
      >
      > SNBWB is going to the Knit in Public Day event tomorrow. We'll be
      > meeting at the Ogilvie Station at about noon and going over to
      > Millenium park. I'm sure the group would be happy to meet up. Is
      > anyone from this group coming down?
      >
      > As for my absence, I have not crawled under a rock, stopped
      > knitting,
      > or stopped loving you all. With the summer construction, the ride
      > down to Tinley Park from Bensenville has doubled to almost two
      > hours. I've also been pretty wiped out with a bout of illness.
      > I'm
      > sure I'll be returning to action when one of the two problems
      > improves. In the interim, I would love to take part in any weekend
      >
      > get togethers anyone wants to do. It's much easier to come down to
      >
      > the South Suburbs on a weekend.
      >
      > mb
      >
      > PS, Next weekend is the St. Andrew's Society Highland Games in Oak
      > Brook. I am going in my new socks and throwing haggis. Who wants
      > cheer?

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
        Hi MB,

        kids are at grandma's + hubby away at game = KIP day for me. I'll be taking the Metric Electric line downtown...I'm jumping on the 11:10 train, which is to arrive at noon in the city. I think I'll stick around for about 2 hours and then hit Loopy yarns and of course I'll need to grab a bit to eat too;) I was anticipating taking the 4:08 train home...but hell if I'm having a great time, I might stay longer;)

        I do work right off Michigan Ave, so if anyone wishes to hit (clean) potties and free refreshments, your more then welcome to join me!

        FYI: Loopy's is roughly a 15 min walk from Millenium park.

        See you there!
        Kris

[...]

        Brook. I am going in my new socks and throwing haggis. Who wants to
        cheer?

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
          OK you guys. I am really jealous. I have to walk 15 miles on Sat to train for my walk. But I will be thinking about you all. Enjoy your day. A

          --- Mary Bridget <elefink2@yahoo. com> wrote:

          > Hey everyone.
          >
          > SNBWB is going to the Knit in Public Day event tomorrow. We'll be
          > meeting at the Ogilvie Station at about noon and going over to
          > Millenium park. I'm sure the group would be happy to meet up. Is
          > anyone from this group coming down?
          >
          > As for my absence, I have not crawled under a rock, stopped
          > knitting,
          > or stopped loving you all. With the summer construction, the ride
          > down to Tinley Park from Bensenville has doubled to almost two
          > hours. I've also been pretty wiped out with a bout of illness.
          > I'm
          > sure I'll be returning to action when one of the two problems
          > improves. In the interim, I would love to take part in any weekend
          >
          > get togethers anyone wants to do. It's much easier to come down to
          >
          > the South Suburbs on a weekend.
          >
          > mb
          >
          > PS, Next weekend is the St. Andrew's Society Highland Games in Oak
          > Brook. I am going in my new socks and throwing haggis. Who wants
          > cheer?

          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
          http://search. yahoo.com/ search?fr= oni_on_mail& p=graduation+ gifts&cs= bz

          Building a website is a piece of cake.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
            Aleta...have you tried knitting and walking at the same time? I've heard some try, yet I think I would trip, fall or do some bodily harm to my self if I tried. -Good luck with your walk, my the wind be at your back;) ~K

            Theresa Stevens <tstevens_pers@ yahoo.com> wrote:
            I can't go.
            <pout>
            I just have too much work to do this weekend. I'm going to hibernate
            and knock through as much as I can.

            With frequent knitting breaks, of course!
            Theresa

            --- Mary Bridget <elefink2@yahoo. com> wrote:

            > Hey everyone.
            >
            > SNBWB is going to the Knit in Public Day event tomorrow. We'll be
            > meeting at the Ogilvie Station at about noon and going over to
            > Millenium park. I'm sure the group would be happy to meet up. Is
            > anyone from this group coming down?
            >
            > As for my absence, I have not crawled under a rock, stopped
            > knitting,
            > or stopped loving you all. With the summer construction, the ride
            > down to Tinley Park from Bensenville has doubled to almost two
            > hours. I've also been pretty wiped out with a bout of illness.
            > I'm
            > sure I'll be returning to action when one of the two problems
            > improves. In the interim, I would love to take part in any weekend
            >
            > get togethers anyone wants to do. It's much easier to come down to
            >
            > the South Suburbs on a weekend.
            >
            > mb
            >
            > PS, Next weekend is the St. Andrew's Society Highland Games in Oak
            > Brook. I am going in my new socks and throwing haggis. Who wants
            > cheer?

            Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
            http://search. yahoo.com/ search?fr= oni_on_mail& p=graduation+ gifts&cs= bz

            Building a website is a piece of cake.

            Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
            in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

          • Kris
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
              Well...just got off the phone with hubby. It looks like only one kid
              is going away. Now I have to decide if I really want to go lugging
              Miss Mac around for the day. I don't think I'll enjoy the day all that
              much if I have to watch out for her every two seconds, yet I feel like
              doing it just because.

              The downfall is that she loves the Faces sculpture...hey any kid is
              going to go gaa-gaa over water. I just know I wont be able to keep her
              away from it.

              bumm:(~K

              --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
                Would it be possible to put her in a bathing suit and knit while she
                plays in the water? I thought the WWKIP meetup spot was right there
                at the Faces sculpture. I bet you could fit a change of clothes for
                her in your knitting bag. Just an idea.

                I hope it works out for you!
                Theresa

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 8, 2007
                  I would totally take her if the park wasn't so popular. I was there back in May and the place was crowded. It was hard to keep a conversation and watch Mac play among the (what seemed like) hundreds of kids.

                  ~sigh

                  Maybe a quick trip to Nana's would lighten my spirits;)

                  Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://surveylink. yahoo.com/ gmrs/yahoo_ panel_invite. asp?a=7