Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] SNBWB trip to the Fold

  • Rebecca Froebe
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 27 1:08 PM
      I can drive the South Suburban group.  Even if we add Theresa and Bethany we can all still fit in the Froebe monster car.  :)

      Becca

      On 4/27/07, KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

      I think Bethany mentioned an interest in going and I'm sure Theresa will sound up once she's back in town.

      M B Gentleman < elefink2@...> wrote:
      The headcount as of right now is 7.

      Kris from South Suburbs
      Aleta from South Suburbs
      Becca from South Suburbs
      Kate from SNBWB
      Mandy from SNBWB
      Jennifer from SNBWB
      and MB

      Any others from either group can still sign up, as long as we get drivers who accomodate everyone.

      The western burbs ladies all live out in the Wheaton area, so I am trying to figure out a place for everyone from out there to meet that is also on the way.  We either need a single vehicle that can accomotate everyone plus yarn, or to take two vehicles.  I certainly volunteer my car for the two vehicle solution.

      KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@yahoo.com> wrote:
      Okay Ladies...talked to hubby and he says I should go along. He knows how much I love the Fold and was even suggesting for his birthday a sushi/movie night...boy that's going to be a long day;)

      I'm not sure how many of us are going, but need be I can drive too.

      Knit-On
      Kris

      Mary Bridget <elefink2@...> wrote:
      SNBWB has changed the day for our trip to The Fold to May 5th. We'll
      be heading out there in the morning. If anyone from this group wants
      to come, let me know.

      mb

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      --
      Dreams are born in the heart and mind and only there can they ever die.

      http://k2p2.net/
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 30 7:08 AM
        I'm back. I've been back exactly long enough to haul my luggage home
        and pass out for a much needed sleep. I want to go, but I don't know
        my schedule for this week yet. Let me get organized and get back to
        you all later today.

        T, still exhausted.

        --- KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

        > I think Bethany mentioned an interest in going and I'm sure Theresa
        > will sound up once she's back in town.
        >
        > M B Gentleman <elefink2@...> wrote:
        >
        > The headcount as of right now is 7.
        >
        > Kris from South Suburbs
        > Aleta from South Suburbs
        > Becca from South Suburbs
        > Kate from SNBWB
        > Mandy from SNBWB
        > Jennifer from SNBWB
        > and MB
        >
        > Any others from either group can still sign up, as long as we get
        > drivers who accomodate everyone.
        >
        > The western burbs ladies all live out in the Wheaton area, so I
        > am trying to figure out a place for everyone from out there to meet
        > that is also on the way. We either need a single vehicle that can
        > accomotate everyone plus yarn, or to take two vehicles. I
        > certainly volunteer my car for the two vehicle solution.
        >
        > KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:
        > Okay Ladies...talked to hubby and he says I should go along.
        > He knows how much I love the Fold and was even suggesting for his
        > birthday a sushi/movie night...boy that's going to be a long day;)
        >
        > I'm not sure how many of us are going, but need be I can drive too.
        >
        > Knit-On
        > Kris
        >
        > Mary Bridget <elefink2@...> wrote: SNBWB has changed the
        > day for our trip to The Fold to May 5th. We'll
        > be heading out there in the morning. If anyone from this group
        > wants
        > to come, let me know.
        >
        > mb

        > Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

        > Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      • dorisr93
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 30 9:02 AM
          I would love to go, but I don't think my will power is up to it. I just counted how many
          projects I've bought yarn to make - and not even started - since the first of the year.

          I just tore out all but the ribbing of the lace shrug I planned to give as a Mother's Day gift.
          Having used a third of the yarn, it didn't come close to a third of the length needed from
          wrist to wrist. Since my gauge is close to that quoted in the pattern (hard to tell exactly
          with lace before blocking), I suspect the yardage conversion was incorrect.

          Anyway, I'm going to use fewer stitches on a size larger needle. It'll still be wide enough,
          and the larger needles will just make it that much lacier, right? More open space means
          less yarn per square inch, so I hope I'll have enough yarn. If not, or if I can't finish in time,
          there's always 1-800-FLOWERS.

          Doris
          P.S. Hope to see you all Wednesday.

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 30 12:05 PM
            I'm free Saturday. :)

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 30 12:19 PM
              That's great!

              Becca

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 30 12:31 PM
                Weee Hooo!  Now we're 8!

                I'm picking up the girls from SNBWB at 10am in the Downers Grove area, and I would expect it will take about 90 minutes to get to The Fold from there.  So we should arrive at 11:30.  We're planning on picnicing in the backyard at the shop.  I'll be coordinating to get a lunch together between everyone.

                mb

                Becca <tzurriz@...> wrote:
                That's great!

                Becca

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 30 12:59 PM
                  Super!

                  Hope you had a good time in TX...can't wait to hear all about it;)