SNBWB trip to the Fold

  • Mary Bridget
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 20, 2007
      SNBWB has changed the day for our trip to The Fold to May 5th. We'll
      be heading out there in the morning. If anyone from this group wants
      to come, let me know.

      mb
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 27, 2007
        Okay Ladies...talked to hubby and he says I should go along. He knows how much I love the Fold and was even suggesting for his birthday a sushi/movie night...boy that's going to be a long day;)

        I'm not sure how many of us are going, but need be I can drive too.

        Knit-On
        Kris

        Mary Bridget <elefink2@...> wrote:
        SNBWB has changed the day for our trip to The Fold to May 5th. We'll
        be heading out there in the morning. If anyone from this group wants
        to come, let me know.

        mb

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 27, 2007
          The headcount as of right now is 7.

          Kris from South Suburbs
          Aleta from South Suburbs
          Becca from South Suburbs
          Kate from SNBWB
          Mandy from SNBWB
          Jennifer from SNBWB
          and MB

          Any others from either group can still sign up, as long as we get drivers who accomodate everyone.

          The western burbs ladies all live out in the Wheaton area, so I am trying to figure out a place for everyone from out there to meet that is also on the way.  We either need a single vehicle that can accomotate everyone plus yarn, or to take two vehicles.  I certainly volunteer my car for the two vehicle solution.

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 27, 2007
              I can drive the South Suburban group.  Even if we add Theresa and Bethany we can all still fit in the Froebe monster car.  :)

              Becca

              --
              Dreams are born in the heart and mind and only there can they ever die.

              http://k2p2.net/
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                I'm back. I've been back exactly long enough to haul my luggage home
                and pass out for a much needed sleep. I want to go, but I don't know
                my schedule for this week yet. Let me get organized and get back to
                you all later today.

                T, still exhausted.

                --- KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

                > I think Bethany mentioned an interest in going and I'm sure Theresa
                > will sound up once she's back in town.
                >
                > M B Gentleman <elefink2@...> wrote:
                >
                > The headcount as of right now is 7.
                >
                > Kris from South Suburbs
                > Aleta from South Suburbs
                > Becca from South Suburbs
                > Kate from SNBWB
                > Mandy from SNBWB
                > Jennifer from SNBWB
                > and MB
                >
                > Any others from either group can still sign up, as long as we get
                > drivers who accomodate everyone.
                >
                > The western burbs ladies all live out in the Wheaton area, so I
                > am trying to figure out a place for everyone from out there to meet
                > that is also on the way. We either need a single vehicle that can
                > accomotate everyone plus yarn, or to take two vehicles. I
                > certainly volunteer my car for the two vehicle solution.
                >
                > KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:
                > Okay Ladies...talked to hubby and he says I should go along.
                > He knows how much I love the Fold and was even suggesting for his
                > birthday a sushi/movie night...boy that's going to be a long day;)
                >
                > I'm not sure how many of us are going, but need be I can drive too.
                >
                > Knit-On
                > Kris
                >
                > Mary Bridget <elefink2@...> wrote: SNBWB has changed the
                > day for our trip to The Fold to May 5th. We'll
                > be heading out there in the morning. If anyone from this group
                > wants
                > to come, let me know.
                >
                > mb

                > Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                > Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

              • dorisr93
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                  I would love to go, but I don't think my will power is up to it. I just counted how many
                  projects I've bought yarn to make - and not even started - since the first of the year.

                  I just tore out all but the ribbing of the lace shrug I planned to give as a Mother's Day gift.
                  Having used a third of the yarn, it didn't come close to a third of the length needed from
                  wrist to wrist. Since my gauge is close to that quoted in the pattern (hard to tell exactly
                  with lace before blocking), I suspect the yardage conversion was incorrect.

                  Anyway, I'm going to use fewer stitches on a size larger needle. It'll still be wide enough,
                  and the larger needles will just make it that much lacier, right? More open space means
                  less yarn per square inch, so I hope I'll have enough yarn. If not, or if I can't finish in time,
                  there's always 1-800-FLOWERS.

                  Doris
                  P.S. Hope to see you all Wednesday.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                    I'm free Saturday. :)

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                      That's great!

                      Becca

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                        Weee Hooo!  Now we're 8!

                        I'm picking up the girls from SNBWB at 10am in the Downers Grove area, and I would expect it will take about 90 minutes to get to The Fold from there.  So we should arrive at 11:30.  We're planning on picnicing in the backyard at the shop.  I'll be coordinating to get a lunch together between everyone.

                        mb

                        Becca <tzurriz@...> wrote:
                        That's great!

                        Becca

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                          Super!

                          Hope you had a good time in TX...can't wait to hear all about it;)