Re: [SouthSuburbanStitchnBitch] Hi!

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
      Hi Kimberlee!  Yep, you're chatty.  That's fine with me!

      We usually stay at Caribou until closing, one or two of us anyway.  Mom's nights out are precious and rare!

      Please come join us on Wednesday (13th), and please bring a Stampin' Up catalog, there are some things I may want to order.

      Hope to see you Weds.!

      --
      Jen Adams Donnelly

      From: "Kimberlee" <thanksalatte@...>
      Just wanted to say hi. My mom taught me to knit 3 years ago and I
      struggled with it. Then the next year she tried to teach me to
      crochet. I didn't like working with just one needle. This year I
      have found so many friends who knit/crochet including my SIL, that I
      figure I better pick it back up or be left behind! My MIL just
      taught herself!! If she can teach herself to do it, than I can too!!
      My 4 year old son has shown interest in knitting, not learning, but
      seeing what you can make. Probably comes from his love for sweaters.
      He's asked his self-taught grandma to make him a "yellow, blue, and
      red" scarf.
      I was wondering when you meet at Caribou, how long are you there
      knitting away? I'm not sure when I'll be able to join you b/c I
      never venture to Orland or Tinley. And I am pretty busy a few
      evenings a week with my Stampin' Up! and BeautiControl businesses.
      (Sorry about dropping names).
      My SIL lives in Forest Park and just a 5 minute walk away from
      beautiful downtown Oak Park. She hasn't been to Nina's in Oak Park
      but she did say she's been in Chix w/ Stix. I know, a hike for us
      all, esp w/ kiddos! But lucky me! We go to their place once a month,
      so one of these days I'm going to browse through those stores. There
      is a Peggy's Strands of Heaven store in downtown Plainfield that I
      haven't gone into yet. I always have my kids with me when I drive by
      it.
      I just haven't picked a pattern for my first "real" project yet. So
      I don't feel worthy enough to go in and drool over fibers. I get too
      ambitious. I picked an "easy" pattern out of the Woman's Day
      knitting special thinking I could do it. I don't have circular
      needles (I almost spelled it "kneedles!" LOL). So I thought I
      could "halve the recipe." Ugh. Nope. So I have this long narrow
      piece. I could probably knit it a little more and put a big button
      on it and make it a skirt for my 10 mo. old! Husband demands it be a
      lot longer!

      Well, since I've blabbed on long enough...I look forward to your
      knitting mentoring in the future! (And yes, I normally am chatty, so
      maybe you won't want me joining you at Caribou! Just make sure I get
      decaf).
      kimberlee

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
        Oh- this reminded me- a few months ago I was at Michael's in Orland and their knitting teacher was demoing.  She was knitting this amazing, very fine lace tablecloth.  She's originally from Poland and she learned to knit there.  Anyway, she said the classes are open ended- you book it, show up, and she'll teach you whatever you want to know.

        But, you should come to our group first- between us we can probably teach you anything you need to know.  And we're free.

        --
        Jen Adams Donnelly

        From: KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@...>
        Hi Kimberlee!

        Sounds like your a busy little bee! If you ever get a
        free Wed night, stop by Caribou with your
        "work-in-progress". The more the merrier! I just
        joined the group my self and I too am a self taught
        knitter. I've done your basic scarfs and
        blankets...now hoping to expand my talents. Besides
        your general hobby stores, there is Knitting ETC in
        Orland that has classes and a pretty good selection of
        yarn - the people there are very friendly.

        Hope to see a fellow knitter sometime.

        Kris

        --- Kimberlee <thanksalatte@...> wrote:

        > Just wanted to say hi. My mom taught me to knit 3
        > years ago and I
        > struggled with it. Then the next year she tried to
        > teach me to
        > crochet. I didn't like working with just one needle.
        > This year I
        > have found so many friends who knit/crochet
        > including my SIL, that I
        > figure I better pick it back up or be left behind!
        > My MIL just
        > taught herself!! If she can teach herself to do it,
        > than I can too!!
        > My 4 year old son has shown interest in knitting,
        > not learning, but
        > seeing what you can make. Probably comes from his
        > love for sweaters.
        > He's asked his self-taught grandma to make him a
        > "yellow, blue, and
        > red" scarf.
        >  I was wondering when you meet at Caribou, how long
        > are you there
        > knitting away? I'm not sure when I'll be able to
        > join you b/c I
        > never venture to Orland or Tinley. And I am pretty
        > busy a few
        > evenings a week with my Stampin' Up! and
        > BeautiControl businesses.
        > (Sorry about dropping names).
        >  My SIL lives in Forest Park and just a 5 minute
        > walk away from
        > beautiful downtown Oak Park. She hasn't been to
        > Nina's in Oak Park
        > but she did say she's been in Chix w/ Stix. I know,
        > a hike for us
        > all, esp w/ kiddos! But lucky me! We go to their
        > place once a month,
        > so one of these days I'm going to browse through
        > those stores. There
        > is a Peggy's Strands of Heaven store in downtown
        > Plainfield that I
        > haven't gone into yet. I always have my kids with me
        > when I drive by
        > it.
        >  I just haven't picked a pattern for my first "real"
        > project yet. So
        > I don't feel worthy enough to go in and drool over
        > fibers. I get too
        > ambitious. I picked an "easy" pattern out of the
        > Woman's Day
        > knitting special thinking I could do it. I don't
        > have circular
        > needles (I almost spelled it "kneedles!" LOL). So I
        > thought I
        > could "halve the recipe." Ugh. Nope. So I have this
        > long narrow
        > piece. I could probably knit it a little more and
        > put a big button
        > on it and make it a skirt for my 10 mo. old! Husband
        > demands it be a
        > lot longer!

        >  Well, since I've blabbed on long enough...I look
        > forward to your
        > knitting mentoring in the future! (And yes, I
        > normally am chatty, so
        > maybe you won't want me joining you at Caribou! Just
        > make sure I get
        > decaf).
        > kimberlee

        Yahoo! DSL � Something to write home about.
        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com

      • tzurriz
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
          Hi! Wow. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, but in a good way!

          We'd be thrilled for you to join us. Our next meeting is next
          Wednesday at Caribou on 159th Street. We meet at 7 p.m. and are
          usually there 'till 8:30 or 9.

          We have people of all different skill levels, from the newly
          self-taught to having original patterns published.

          Generally we sit around, drink coffee, knit, talk about knitting, and
          oh and ah over yarn.

          Not a high pressure group by any stretch of the imagination.

          Please, come and join us! I promise we only bite on alternate
          Thursdays and since we meet on Wednesdays, you should be safe. ;)
        • Emily Franz
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
            Hi Kimberlee...My name is Emily and I've gone to three Stitch and Bitch 'sessions' at Caribou...it is fun and very casual, as you can imagine!  I am a 'SCARF KNITTER"  and Rebecca told me I have go to start knitting something else besides scarves!  I agree!  I have my eye on the Coats and Clark free tank top pattern and I have some  yarn to make it.  I got some Debbie Bliss alpaca/silk yarn in black off ebay and when it gets here I'm starting!  I have no idea how to read a pattern and I am scared to death, but I NEED to learn!  I know I can do this!

            Please try to make it to our next 'Bitch session' where we do hardly any complaining, just lots of fun!

            I am looking forward to meeting you!
            Emily
          • radomzal
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 20, 2006
              Hi everyone!

              My name is Rebecca, and I'm new to the Tinley Park area. I helped
              start up the Valparaiso SnB, and then moved to Tinley and have been
              dying to find some people in the area to knit with - I've definitely
              been knitting alone for too long!

              I should be able to make it to the next meeting and hope to meet some
              of you then!

              ~Rebecca

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 20, 2006
                  Hi Rebecca,

                  No need to knit alone!!
                  I'm looking forward to meeting you...see you Wed.

                  Kris

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 20, 2006
                    Please come join us on Wednesday, we'll be happy to have you!