Re: [SouthSuburbanStitchnBitch] Hi!

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
      Hi Kimberlee!

      Sounds like your a busy little bee! If you ever get a
      free Wed night, stop by Caribou with your
      "work-in-progress". The more the merrier! I just
      joined the group my self and I too am a self taught
      knitter. I've done your basic scarfs and
      blankets...now hoping to expand my talents. Besides
      your general hobby stores, there is Knitting ETC in
      Orland that has classes and a pretty good selection of
      yarn - the people there are very friendly.

      Hope to see a fellow knitter sometime.

      Kris

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
        Hi Kimberlee!  Yep, you're chatty.  That's fine with me!

        We usually stay at Caribou until closing, one or two of us anyway.  Mom's nights out are precious and rare!

        Please come join us on Wednesday (13th), and please bring a Stampin' Up catalog, there are some things I may want to order.

        Hope to see you Weds.!

        --
        Jen Adams Donnelly

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
          Oh- this reminded me- a few months ago I was at Michael's in Orland and their knitting teacher was demoing.  She was knitting this amazing, very fine lace tablecloth.  She's originally from Poland and she learned to knit there.  Anyway, she said the classes are open ended- you book it, show up, and she'll teach you whatever you want to know.

          But, you should come to our group first- between us we can probably teach you anything you need to know.  And we're free.

          --
          Jen Adams Donnelly

          From: KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@...>
          Hi Kimberlee!

> [...]

          > I don't feel worthy enough to go in and drool over
          > fibers. I get too
          > ambitious. I picked an "easy" pattern out of the
          > Woman's Day
          > knitting special thinking I could do it. I don't
          > have circular
          > needles (I almost spelled it "kneedles!" LOL). So I
          > thought I
          > could "halve the recipe." Ugh. Nope. So I have this
          > long narrow
          > piece. I could probably knit it a little more and
          > put a big button
          > on it and make it a skirt for my 10 mo. old! Husband
          > demands it be a
          > lot longer!

          >  Well, since I've blabbed on long enough...I look
          > forward to your
          > knitting mentoring in the future! (And yes, I
          > normally am chatty, so
          > maybe you won't want me joining you at Caribou! Just

          Yahoo! DSL � Something to write home about.
          Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          dsl.yahoo.com

        • tzurriz
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
            Hi! Wow. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, but in a good way!

            We'd be thrilled for you to join us. Our next meeting is next
            Wednesday at Caribou on 159th Street. We meet at 7 p.m. and are
            usually there 'till 8:30 or 9.

            We have people of all different skill levels, from the newly
            self-taught to having original patterns published.

            Generally we sit around, drink coffee, knit, talk about knitting, and
            oh and ah over yarn.

            Not a high pressure group by any stretch of the imagination.

            Please, come and join us! I promise we only bite on alternate
            Thursdays and since we meet on Wednesdays, you should be safe. ;)
          • Emily Franz
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
              Hi Kimberlee...My name is Emily and I've gone to three Stitch and Bitch 'sessions' at Caribou...it is fun and very casual, as you can imagine!  I am a 'SCARF KNITTER"  and Rebecca told me I have go to start knitting something else besides scarves!  I agree!  I have my eye on the Coats and Clark free tank top pattern and I have some  yarn to make it.  I got some Debbie Bliss alpaca/silk yarn in black off ebay and when it gets here I'm starting!  I have no idea how to read a pattern and I am scared to death, but I NEED to learn!  I know I can do this!

              Please try to make it to our next 'Bitch session' where we do hardly any complaining, just lots of fun!

              I am looking forward to meeting you!
              Emily
            • radomzal
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 20, 2006
                Hi everyone!

                My name is Rebecca, and I'm new to the Tinley Park area. I helped
                start up the Valparaiso SnB, and then moved to Tinley and have been
                dying to find some people in the area to knit with - I've definitely
                been knitting alone for too long!

                I should be able to make it to the next meeting and hope to meet some
                of you then!

                ~Rebecca

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 20, 2006
                    Hi Rebecca,

                    No need to knit alone!!
                    I'm looking forward to meeting you...see you Wed.

                    Kris

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 20, 2006
                      Please come join us on Wednesday, we'll be happy to have you!