Stitches Midwest

  • Kris
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2007
      I know this is really far off and I certainly don't want to rush anyone into a decision, but
      wanted to put it out there. After visiting the Stitches Midwest class schedule, I'm totally
      thinking I'll need a room to stay over.

      http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events/ClassSchedule.php?EventID=36

      Susanna Hansson is giving a class on Bohus, but I'm really not ready to take a 6 hour class
      and decided instead that I'll do her 3 hour Off the Cuff which is beaded wrist warmers.

      Then...there is Nancy Bush and she's giving a class on Vintage Socks, yet I'm also not
      ready for a 6 hour class on that. But she has a class called Over coming your Fear of
      Cutting, which sounds really cool.

      One is in the afternoon on Saturday and the other is the morning of Sunday. I don't think
      I'd be able to haul my butt up to the convention center by 8:30am...sooooo, they have
      rooms for a single/double at a special rate of $129 per night. If anyone wanted to join me,
      we can split the cost of the hotel room.

      Oh, I can't wait...I'm sooooo ready for it;)

      TTYL
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2007
        OMG! <fans self> The schedule is out!

        If you all don't hear from me by Wednesday, please send a search
        party into the schedule spreadsheet. I'll be trapped somewhere
        between Lily Chin and Joan Shrouder's squares.

        Theresa

        --- Kris <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

        > I know this is really far off and I certainly don't want to rush
        > anyone into a decision, but
        > wanted to put it out there. After visiting the Stitches Midwest
        > class schedule, I'm totally
        > thinking I'll need a room to stay over.

        http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events/ClassSchedule.php?EventID=36

        > Susanna Hansson is giving a class on Bohus, but I'm really not
        > ready to take a 6 hour class
        > and decided instead that I'll do her 3 hour Off the Cuff which is
        > beaded wrist warmers.
        >
        > Then...there is Nancy Bush and she's giving a class on Vintage
        > Socks, yet I'm also not
        > ready for a 6 hour class on that. But she has a class called Over
        > coming your Fear of
        > Cutting, which sounds really cool.
        >
        > One is in the afternoon on Saturday and the other is the morning of
        > Sunday. I don't think
        > I'd be able to haul my butt up to the convention center by
        > 8:30am...sooooo, they have
        > rooms for a single/double at a special rate of $129 per night. If
        > anyone wanted to join me,
        > we can split the cost of the hotel room.
        >
        > Oh, I can't wait...I'm sooooo ready for it;)
        >
        > TTYL

        > --------------------~-->
        > Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email
        > design.
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/PTTolB/TM

        Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
        in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9, 2007
          Oh dear. I couldn't decide between the Sunday morning classes, but
          I'm terrified of not getting any of them, so I registered for one
          with Lily Chin (!!!!!!) and one with Beth Walker-O'Brien (!!!!!!) in
          the same time slot. We'll see which one I get. I'm practically
          hyperventilating at the thought of taking a class from either of
          these ladies.

          That teacher list reads like a roster for the knitting all-star
          games. "At center field, with a six-hour finishing class, is
          Joooooooaaaaaan Shrooooooooouderrrrrrrrr!" <crowd goes wild>

          Saturday, everything I was interested in was a 6-hour class. I doubt
          we'd make it up there in time for the morning session. So, you know,
          I'll have no choice but to spend the entire day in the market. What a
          hardship. Poor, poor me.

          I guess that means we're bunking down up there, eh, roommie?

          Theresa

          --- Kris <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

          > I know this is really far off and I certainly don't want to rush
          > anyone into a decision, but
          > wanted to put it out there. After visiting the Stitches Midwest
          > class schedule, I'm totally
          > thinking I'll need a room to stay over.

          http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events/ClassSchedule.php?EventID=36

          > Susanna Hansson is giving a class on Bohus, but I'm really not
          > ready to take a 6 hour class
          > and decided instead that I'll do her 3 hour Off the Cuff which is
          > beaded wrist warmers.
          >
          > Then...there is Nancy Bush and she's giving a class on Vintage
          > Socks, yet I'm also not
          > ready for a 6 hour class on that. But she has a class called Over
          > coming your Fear of
          > Cutting, which sounds really cool.
          >
          > One is in the afternoon on Saturday and the other is the morning of
          > Sunday. I don't think
          > I'd be able to haul my butt up to the convention center by
          > 8:30am...sooooo, they have
          > rooms for a single/double at a special rate of $129 per night. If
          > anyone wanted to join me,
          > we can split the cost of the hotel room.
          >
          > Oh, I can't wait...I'm sooooo ready for it;)
          >
          > TTYL

          > --------------------~-->
          > Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email
          > design.
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/PTTolB/TM

          Need Mail bonding?
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2007
            Cool...sounds like a plan. If you want to take an
            early class on Sat, please sign up. I don't mind
            getting there early, I just know I wont be able to go
            home and play with yarn all night and make it back up
            to Rosemont by 8:30 am Sun.

            ~now, just breath and cross your fingers;)

            http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
          • dorisr93
            Message 5 of 5 , May 18, 2007
              I'm registered! (finally)

              I only have classes Friday and Sunday, so I'm going to have all day Saturday to shop and
              watch demonstrations and shop and talk to other knitters and did I mention shopping?

              Anyway, I know some of you are planning to come, too, so I thought we might plan to meet.

              Also, I have a registration at the Hyatt for Friday and Saturday with TWO beds, if anyone
              wants to share. Let me know.

              Doris