Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] Fiber Quest?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
      Hey, Theresa- was Donna (I think I'm remembering right) there Wednesday? I went online after I got home last Wednesday and found her It's a Wonderful Life book in five minutes- abebooks.com has it for $20! I figured you might go search it out for her too. I love book hunting- used to be a bookseller.

      Anyway, I hope to make it next week, if not I will post the information here and you can pass it on to her.

      --
      Jen Donnelly

      From: Theresa Stevens <tstevens_pers@...>

      OMG, you're killing me. Seriously. Killing. Me.

      This sounds like a fantastic time, but I will be attending a first
      birthday party in Elgin. And yes, I checked the map and realized that
      both Elgin and this shop are on the same route. And yes, I had that
      crazy-fun idea that maybe I could do both. But I really shouldn't.
      Really. I mean it. Or I should mean it.

      The party, btw, is for the daughter of the cousin who got the knitted
      hat and scarf for Christmas. I really can't miss the party, no matter
      how much my fiber-hoarding instincts go into overdrive at the thought
      of a field trip. Plus it's still January. I have to be able to go a
      month without enlarging my stash. One measly month!

      Which brings me to a boast. I was in Naperville Wednesday. Yes, of
      course I went to Kool Knits. Of course I did! But it was only to see
      if they had any more of that purple Torino -- I somehow shorted
      myself when we were there last month. I don't th ink it counts as
      stash enhancement if you're just buying enough to fill in a gap like
      that. (Right? Especially considering that they're going out of
      business and dye lots may vary and a thousand other
      rationalizations? )

      Anyway. I did buy some purple Torino, but (get this) that was all. I
      wandered around the store for a while, fondling and sighing and
      fighting with myself, but in the end, I only bought enough Torino to
      go along with what I already had. Yay me?

      Now, if you want to put off your field trip until February.... <g>

      Theresa,
      starting the front of the cabled vest tonight :D

      --- Kris <mommy_of_mac@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      > If anyone is interested in going on a fiber adventure on Saturday,
      > please speak up. Check
      > out this place at <http://www.thefolda tmc.net/> it's called The
      &g t; Fold and a blogger
      > suggested I check them out for drop spindles. Well, the babies are
      > off to Grandma's and
      > driving out...yikes. ..82 miles, to get me a spindle. I've never
      > even heard of Marengo, IL but
      > I'm sure they'll have what I want:)
      >
      > Anyone free Saturday afternoon?

      Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
      http://advision. webevents. yahoo.com/ mailbeta/ newmail_tools. html

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
        I wasn't there Wednesday. But Donna has come out twice, so I bet
        she'll be there again. I don't think she's on our email loop yet,
        though.

        I love abebooks!
        Theresa

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
          WOW Theresa your strong...I so would have be brought
          down by my fiber weakness;)

          If I postpone the trip to The Fold till Feb, would
          anyone else be interested in going? I don't mind
          driving... I had a blast on our last trip and would
          love to extend the opportunity to you ladies.

          Reply if your interested. ~I know Theresa...I see your
          hand up, your already on-board -hehe.

          TTYS
          Kris

          Cheap talk?
          http://voice.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
            Count me in for February! :D

            Becca

            --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
              A trip in Feb. sounds good to me. I think I can do that.   A

              --- Theresa Stevens <tstevens_pers@ yahoo.com> wrote:

              > OMG, you're killing me. Seriously. Killing. Me.
              >
              > This sounds like a fantastic time, but I will be
              > attending a first
              > birthday party in Elgin. And yes, I checked the map
              > and realized that
              > both Elgin and this shop are on the same route. And
              > yes, I had that
              > crazy-fun idea that maybe I could do both. But I
              > really shouldn't.
              > Really. I mean it. Or I should mean it.
              >
              > The party, btw, is for the daughter of the cousin
              > who got the knitted
              > hat and scarf for Christmas. I really can't miss the
              > party, no matter
              > how much my fiber-hoarding instincts go into
              > overdrive at the thought
              > of a field trip. Plus it's still January. I have to
              > be able to go a
              > month without enlarging my stash. One measly month!
              >
              > Which brings me to a boast. I was in Naperville
              > Wednesday. Yes, of
              > course I went to Kool Knits. Of course I did! But it
              > was only to see
              > if they had any more of that purple Torino -- I
              > somehow shorted
              > myself when we were there last month. I don't think
              > it counts as
              > stash enhancement if you're just buying enough to
              > fill in a gap like
              > that. (Right? Especially considering that they're
              > going out of
              > business and dye lots may vary and a thousand other
              > rationalizations? )
              >
              > Anyway. I did buy some purple Torino, but (get this)
              > that was all. I
              > wandered around the store for a while, fondling and
              > sighing and
              > fighting with myself, but in the end, I only bought
              > enough Torino to
              > go along with what I already had. Yay me?
              >
              > Now, if you want to put off your field trip until
              > February.... <g>
              >
              > Theresa,
              > starting the front of the cabled vest tonight :D
              >
              > --- Kris <mommy_of_mac@ yahoo.com> wrote:
              >
              > > If anyone is interested in going on a fiber
              > adventure on Saturday,
              > > please speak up. Check
              > > out this place at <http://www.thefolda tmc.net/>
              > it's called The
              > > Fold and a blogger
              > > suggested I check them out for drop spindles.
              > Well, the babies are
              > > off to Grandma's and
              > > driving out...yikes. ..82 miles, to get me a
              > spindle. I've never
              > > even heard of Marengo, IL but
              > > I'm sure they'll have what I want:)
              > >
              > > Anyone free Saturday afternoon?
              > >
              > > Kris

              > Expecting? Get great news right away with email
              > Auto-Check.
              > Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

              http://advision. webevents. yahoo.com/ mailbeta/ newmail_tools. html

              Cheap talk?
              http://voice. yahoo.com

              Don't pick lemons.
              See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.