Re: Fiber Quest?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
      Ohh, they have Socks that Rock yarn! No, wait, I still have a ton of
      sock yarn from our last excursion, but, no. Ack! I want to, but I
      shouldn't / can't.

      :(

      I wish I could.

      Becca

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
        Hey, The Fold carries Blue Moon Fiber Arts yarn.  I'd sure love to try out that yarn, since everyone seems to like it so well.  However, I don't think I can go.  I will have Scott (TBF, not CAT) in town and can't slip away all day like that.

        I worked in Marengo occasionally in my last job.  (I know, no kidding.  I've worked everywhere)  Figure it was about an hour and 15 minutes from the office in Homewood.  There is nothing else in the town except for a medium sized ComEd switching station.

        mb

        Kris <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:
        If anyone is interested in going on a fiber adventure on Saturday, please speak up. Check
        out this place at <http://www.thefolda tmc.net/> it's called The Fold and a blogger
        suggested I check them out for drop spindles. Well, the babies are off to Grandma's and
        driving out...yikes. ..82 miles, to get me a spindle. I've never even heard of Marengo, IL but
        I'm sure they'll have what I want:)

        Anyone free Saturday afternoon?

        Kris

        Never Miss an Email

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
          OMG, you're killing me. Seriously. Killing. Me.

          This sounds like a fantastic time, but I will be attending a first
          birthday party in Elgin. And yes, I checked the map and realized that
          both Elgin and this shop are on the same route. And yes, I had that
          crazy-fun idea that maybe I could do both. But I really shouldn't.
          Really. I mean it. Or I should mean it.

          The party, btw, is for the daughter of the cousin who got the knitted
          hat and scarf for Christmas. I really can't miss the party, no matter
          how much my fiber-hoarding instincts go into overdrive at the thought
          of a field trip. Plus it's still January. I have to be able to go a
          month without enlarging my stash. One measly month!

          Which brings me to a boast. I was in Naperville Wednesday. Yes, of
          course I went to Kool Knits. Of course I did! But it was only to see
          if they had any more of that purple Torino -- I somehow shorted
          myself when we were there last month. I don't think it counts as
          stash enhancement if you're just buying enough to fill in a gap like
          that. (Right? Especially considering that they're going out of
          business and dye lots may vary and a thousand other
          rationalizations?)

          Anyway. I did buy some purple Torino, but (get this) that was all. I
          wandered around the store for a while, fondling and sighing and
          fighting with myself, but in the end, I only bought enough Torino to
          go along with what I already had. Yay me?

          Now, if you want to put off your field trip until February....<g>

          Theresa,
          starting the front of the cabled vest tonight :D

          --- Kris <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:

          > If anyone is interested in going on a fiber adventure on Saturday,
          > please speak up. Check
          > out this place at <http://www.thefoldatmc.net/> it's called The
          > Fold and a blogger
          > suggested I check them out for drop spindles. Well, the babies are
          > off to Grandma's and
          > driving out...yikes...82 miles, to get me a spindle. I've never
          > even heard of Marengo, IL but
          > I'm sure they'll have what I want:)
          >
          > Anyone free Saturday afternoon?

          Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
            Hey, Theresa- was Donna (I think I'm remembering right) there Wednesday? I went online after I got home last Wednesday and found her It's a Wonderful Life book in five minutes- abebooks.com has it for $20! I figured you might go search it out for her too. I love book hunting- used to be a bookseller.

            Anyway, I hope to make it next week, if not I will post the information here and you can pass it on to her.

            --
            Jen Donnelly

            From: Theresa Stevens <tstevens_pers@...>

            http://advision. webevents. yahoo.com/ mailbeta/ newmail_tools. html

          • s.ertl@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
              That is a ride, Kris.  My oldest daughter lives in Winnebago (outside of Rockford) and Marengo is probably 25miles away from her.  Alas, I'm still not up to long car rides because of the leg, but it sure would be lovely to check out the goodies there.  You guys are really SERIOUS about your knitting, aren't you?  Me - I'm content with with what I find at Hobby Lobby - maybe because I've just begun knitting?  Have fun - hope to be at the next SnB on the 17th.

              Sharon

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
                I wasn't there Wednesday. But Donna has come out twice, so I bet
                she'll be there again. I don't think she's on our email loop yet,
                though.

                I love abebooks!
                Theresa

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
                  WOW Theresa your strong...I so would have be brought
                  down by my fiber weakness;)

                  If I postpone the trip to The Fold till Feb, would
                  anyone else be interested in going? I don't mind
                  driving... I had a blast on our last trip and would
                  love to extend the opportunity to you ladies.

                  Reply if your interested. ~I know Theresa...I see your
                  hand up, your already on-board -hehe.

                  TTYS
                  Kris

                  Cheap talk?
                  http://voice.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
                    Count me in for February! :D

                    Becca

                    --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
                      A trip in Feb. sounds good to me. I think I can do that.   A

                      --- Theresa Stevens <tstevens_pers@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                      > OMG, you're killing me. Seriously. Killing. Me.
                      >
                      > This sounds like a fantastic time, but I will be
                      > attending a first
                      > birthday party in Elgin. And yes, I checked the map
                      > and realized that
                      > both Elgin and this shop are on the same route. And
                      > yes, I had that
                      > crazy-fun idea that maybe I could do both. But I
                      > really shouldn't.
                      > Really. I mean it. Or I should mean it.
                      >
                      > The party, btw, is for the daughter of the cousin
                      > who got the knitted
                      > hat and scarf for Christmas. I really can't miss the
                      > party, no matter
                      > how much my fiber-hoarding instincts go into
                      > overdrive at the thought
                      > of a field trip. Plus it's still January. I have to
                      > be able to go a
                      > month without enlarging my stash. One measly month!
                      >
                      > Which brings me to a boast. I was in Naperville
                      > Wednesday. Yes, of
                      > course I went to Kool Knits. Of course I did! But it
                      > was only to see
                      > if they had any more of that purple Torino -- I
                      > somehow shorted
                      > myself when we were there last month. I don't think
                      > it counts as
                      > stash enhancement if you're just buying enough to
                      > fill in a gap like
                      > that. (Right? Especially considering that they're
                      > going out of
                      > business and dye lots may vary and a thousand other
                      > rationalizations? )
                      >
                      > Anyway. I did buy some purple Torino, but (get this)
                      > that was all. I
                      > wandered around the store for a while, fondling and
                      > sighing and
                      > fighting with myself, but in the end, I only bought
                      > enough Torino to
                      > go along with what I already had. Yay me?
                      >
                      > Now, if you want to put off your field trip until
                      > February.... <g>
                      >
                      > Theresa,
                      > starting the front of the cabled vest tonight :D
                      >
                      > --- Kris <mommy_of_mac@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                      >
                      > > If anyone is interested in going on a fiber
                      > adventure on Saturday,
                      > > please speak up. Check
                      > > out this place at <http://www.thefolda tmc.net/>
                      > it's called The
                      > > Fold and a blogger
                      > > suggested I check them out for drop spindles.
                      > Well, the babies are
                      > > off to Grandma's and
                      > > driving out...yikes. ..82 miles, to get me a
                      > spindle. I've never
                      > > even heard of Marengo, IL but
                      > > I'm sure they'll have what I want:)
                      > >
                      > > Anyone free Saturday afternoon?
                      > >
                      > > Kris

                      > Expecting? Get great news right away with email
                      > Auto-Check.
                      > Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                      http://advision. webevents. yahoo.com/ mailbeta/ newmail_tools. html

                      Cheap talk?
                      http://voice. yahoo.com

                      Don't pick lemons.
                      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.