Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] Looking to join the group

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
      Good Day Sharon,

      It's alway great to discover other knitters in our
      area. You'll fit right in with this group. Everyone is
      a different levels and we're all willing to help and
      support each other on new and different things.

      I hope you get a chance to come out and knit with us.
      Happy Knitting.
      Kris

      --- grannynanny_3 <s.ertl@...> wrote:

      > Am a fairly new knitter - learned 2 years ago. I've
      > been doing quite a
      > bit of small stuff, but would love to gain from
      > others experience as
      > well.
      >
      > Particularly, I need to figure out how to JOIN when
      > knitting in the
      > round with circular needles. I learned one time in
      > my knitting class
      > and for the life of me (even with online
      > descriptions) cannot get it to
      > work.
      >
      > I may be at the 17th meeting - looking forward to
      > meeting everyone.
      >
      > Sharon Ertl
      > Tinley Park

    • grannynanny_3
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
        Kristin & Jen:

        Thanks for the welcome! I am recuperating from knee replacement
        surgery, so not sure how the 10th will work for me. Still not driving
        yet. BUT - I so look forward to meeting everyone. I was so hoping I'd
        find a group like this close to home. Glad I did.

        Look forward to seeing all of you soon.

        Sharon
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
          Hi Sharon, and welcome!

          My mom had both of her knees replaced this year, so I understand what
          you're dealing with. Do your therapy :D and join us when you feel up
          to it. We'll be there!

          Theresa,
          on ball five of the vest and no longer panicking that I'll run out of
          yarn -- whew!

        • s.ertl@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
            Thnx, Theresa.  Re the surgery - I had the 1st 11/17, got a staph infection, had the 2nd surgery 12/4 and have been on infusion meds since - will be done by 1/15.   YUCK!!!  Definitely not a recommended experience.

            Am getting excited to see how much I can get you all to motivate me to try sweaters and socks.  Something that is a total mystery to me, but I'm willing to try!!!

            See you soon.

            Sharon

            From: Theresa Stevens <tstevens_pers@...>

            Hi Sharon, and welcome!