Looking to join the group

  • grannynanny_3
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
      Am a fairly new knitter - learned 2 years ago. I've been doing quite a
      bit of small stuff, but would love to gain from others experience as
      well.

      Particularly, I need to figure out how to JOIN when knitting in the
      round with circular needles. I learned one time in my knitting class
      and for the life of me (even with online descriptions) cannot get it to
      work.

      I may be at the 17th meeting - looking forward to meeting everyone.

      Sharon Ertl
      Tinley Park
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
        Welcome Sharon! We would love to see you at Caribou! We can help you with the joining, no problem!

        I'm not sure if it's updated on our site, but we do meet weekly, every Wednesday at 7pm at Caribou in Tinley. We're usually there until they close at 10- well, those of us who haven't turned into pumpkins!

        --
        Jen Donnelly

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
          Good Day Sharon,

          It's alway great to discover other knitters in our
          area. You'll fit right in with this group. Everyone is
          a different levels and we're all willing to help and
          support each other on new and different things.

          I hope you get a chance to come out and knit with us.
          Happy Knitting.
          Kris

          --- grannynanny_3 <s.ertl@...> wrote:

          > Am a fairly new knitter - learned 2 years ago. I've
          > been doing quite a
          > bit of small stuff, but would love to gain from
          > others experience as
          > well.
          >
          > Particularly, I need to figure out how to JOIN when
          > knitting in the
          > round with circular needles. I learned one time in
          > my knitting class
          > and for the life of me (even with online
          > descriptions) cannot get it to
          > work.
          >
          > I may be at the 17th meeting - looking forward to
          > meeting everyone.
          >
          > Sharon Ertl
          > Tinley Park

        • grannynanny_3
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
            Kristin & Jen:

            Thanks for the welcome! I am recuperating from knee replacement
            surgery, so not sure how the 10th will work for me. Still not driving
            yet. BUT - I so look forward to meeting everyone. I was so hoping I'd
            find a group like this close to home. Glad I did.

            Look forward to seeing all of you soon.

            Sharon
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
              Hi Sharon, and welcome!

              My mom had both of her knees replaced this year, so I understand what
              you're dealing with. Do your therapy :D and join us when you feel up
              to it. We'll be there!

              Theresa,
              on ball five of the vest and no longer panicking that I'll run out of
              yarn -- whew!

            • s.ertl@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
                Thnx, Theresa.  Re the surgery - I had the 1st 11/17, got a staph infection, had the 2nd surgery 12/4 and have been on infusion meds since - will be done by 1/15.   YUCK!!!  Definitely not a recommended experience.

                Am getting excited to see how much I can get you all to motivate me to try sweaters and socks.  Something that is a total mystery to me, but I'm willing to try!!!

                See you soon.

                Sharon

                From: Theresa Stevens <tstevens_pers@...>

                Hi Sharon, and welcome!