WINTER DELIGHTS IN CHICAGO
- Just incase anyone is interested...I discovered this on Knitters Review.
WINTER DELIGHTS STITCHING SALON
Features Knitting Circles; Knitting Experts; Local Designer Trunk Shows; Yarn Spinning,
Quilting, and Jewelry-Making Demos; and Movies to Knit By
Knit one, purl two in a lunchtime knitting circle at the Winter Delights Stitching Salon.
From January 2 to February 28, the Stitching Salon will be the center of activity for
Handmade Delights, including lunchtime knitting circles, hands-on workshops, interactive
artists' demonstrations -- and even movies to knit by. An exhibition, Knitting, Quilting,
Crochet and Jewelry MakingNot Just for Grandmothers Anymore, features handmade
crafts, and folk, decorative and fine art by Chicago-based artists and artisans. Hours for
the Winter Delights Stitching Salon, located at 72 E. Randolph St. across from the Chicago
Cultural Center, are Mondays-Fridays, 10 am- 6pm; Saturdays, 9 am- 5 pm; Sundays, 10
am- 6 pm; and holidays, 10 am-4 pm. Most events are free, although some have a fee for
supplies. Highlights of programs include:
· Winter Delights Stitching Salon Grand Opening Celebration, Friday, January 5, 12 2 pm
· Knitting, Quilting, Crochet and Jewelry-Making-Not Just for Grandmothers Anymore,
Tuesday, January 2-Wednesday, February 28, Daily
Exhibition of work by Chicago artists and artisans
· Knitting with the Experts, Wednesdays, January 10 February 28, 6 -8 pm Learn the
basics and more advanced techniques from Chicago knitting experts. Participate in a
workshop each week featuring new projects. Reservations required. Call 312.742.8497.
· KnitFlix, Thursdays, January 11 & 25, February 8 & 22, 6 - 8 pm
Knit at the movies! View knitting-inspired films and documentaries such as Real Men Knit
and Common Threads: Stories from the Quilt while perfecting your own projects. The first
30 guests receive a free pair of light-up knitting needles!
· Lunch-Break Knitting Circle, Fridays, January 13 February 23, 12 - 2 pm; Spend your
lunch hour with other knitting enthusiasts. Knitters of all experience levels are invited to
drop in and work on their latest creations.
· Interactive Artists' Demonstrations, Saturdays, January 6 February 24, 11 am - 4 pm;
Chicago artists demonstrate everything from yarn spinning and quilting to jewelry-
making. Try various techniques and contribute to informal discussions with the artists.
· Family Sip and Stitch, Sundays, January 21, and February 4 and 18, 3 - 5 pm; Parents and
children are invited to learn a new craft together while enjoying tea and snacks.
Reservations required. Call 312.742.8497. $10 for adults, $5 for children 12 and under.
· A Do-It-Yourself Designer Event, Saturday, February 24, 11 am 3 pm
Local designers including Double Stitch, Tenille White, the Wolfbait Girls and She Beads
present their work during trunk shows and demonstrations. Learn their craft by joining a
For more information about events at the Winter Delights Stitching Salon, call