RE: [SouthSuburbanSnB] Stitch Pattern Books

  • Kate Johnson
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 13, 2006

      You can photocopy a library book (or really, any book, for that matter) without it being a copyright violation as long as you only intend it for your own personal use, don’t plan to distribute or reproduce it, etc. Blah, blah, blah, legalese.

      We have a book at the shop called Cables Untangled that’s a really useful tutorial. Also, I saw Lily Chin give a talk on cabling this weekend (she was in Burr Ridge; who knew?) and she has some awesome insights on cables – she really knows them inside and out, like, the theory of it, how to come up with what you want, etc. I know there are a couple of her patterns that go over some of her principles (i.e., anything with “reversible cable” in the title), but I think she’s got something more extensive in one of her collection books somewhere, too. It’s worth investigating, and I think they’re fairly cheap. Also, if you emailed her through the website, she might be willing to either help or point you in the right direction. She might not be Barbara Walker, but she is one seriously cool lady.

      From: aleta stoler <stoler2001@yahoo. com>

      You could call and ask if they have it. They can then look up the book on their system and tell you where it is. They can also transfer a book from one library to another if you ask nicely.

      KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      I've been to the Flossmoor and Homewood Libraries -
      they don't have much of a selection. I really need to
      widen my searches next time I go and take advantage of
      the interlibrary idea.

      Do you Yahoo!?
      http://new.mail. yahoo.com