Re: Yarn for clapotis

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30 6:07 AM
      The pattern calls for:
      Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb [50% silk, 50% wool; 205yd/184m per 100g
      skein]; color: Bittersweet; 4 skeins

      4 skeins at 205 yards each is 820 yards. I think I actually used more
      like 800 yards. I used asock-weight yarn the first time, and a dk
      the second time.

      One the beauties of Clapotis is that the yarn weight doesn't really
      matter. I wouldn't use a super bulky, but anything up to a worsted is
      fine.

      I think, with the yarn you bought, you could make 2. Or, you could
      make one that has a few more repeats and is bigger.
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006
        I used the Silky Wool (192 yds/50g) and used 3 skeins
        ...and don't have much left over from that last ball.
        It sounds like you'll can get 2 or even 3 clap's out
        of the silk. Dying your own sounds like so much
        fun...love to get some pointers on that:)