Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] Looking for a sock pattern.

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2006
      MB

      I think pattern is KEY for first time sock knitters.
      For my first sock, I got sucked into doing some
      pattern suggested by a employee of a shop and really
      it wasn't what I would have picked for my first sock
      and that's why I never finished the pair.

      The Jaywalkers, as Theresa pointed out is
      online...(thanks for the complement T) and this
      pattern is simple enough to learn sock knitting
      from... now, if you want I can bring my Socks, Socks,
      Socks by: Elaine Rowley for you to borrow come the
      next meeting. This book has all types, lace, toe up,
      ankle down, easy - experienced...plus the benefit of
      detailed instructions on all sections that make up the
      sock (ankle, heal, gusset, instep, etc...). In the end
      you'll find the pattern that fits you, but I know that
      unless you love the pattern, you wont be to excited
      about doing sock number 2... then you be stuck with
      SSS -second sock syndrome:)

      Peace and Happy Knitting
      Kris