Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] Did anyone get to YarnHarlot?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 25, 2006
      It was soooo cool..sorry to rub it in..wish you could
      have came!! Becca and I drove together and later that
      evening we saw Victoria. We got there at a perfect
      time to get up front and chatted with fellow
      knitters/spiners. The Harlot is sweet, funny, down-to
      earth and I think Becca made the comment...like we've
      know each other for years. Got some great shots, which
      Becca will post sooner then later, I hope:)

      Kris

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 25, 2006
        I was there! You sat up front? Were you on the stage right side near
        that lady with the drop spindle? She was in the second row and I was
        sitting right behind her. I was fascinated by her spinning.

        Honestly, though, there were so many cool projects on the needles all
        around me that I was starting to get a bad case of gaper's neck!
        There was a woman across the aisle knitting continental and I kept
        staring and staring, trying to figure out her technique. Beautiful
        jet black yarn -- but you know how hard it is to see stitch details
        in black yarn? Imagine it from across the aisle when the woman is
        knitting at a record-setting pace! Guess I'll have to figure out a
        different way to learn a left-handed carry...

        I thought the talk was great, very funny. Stephanie is every bit as
        much fun in person as she is on her blog and in her books. And just
        being in a roomful of people happily knitting and sharing a laugh
        about it all, well, that was very refreshing. :D

        And that LYS at 99th and Walden Pky was pretty cool, too. I'd never
        been in there before. Teeny beeny but they had some nice stock.

        Theresa

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 25, 2006
          OH My!! That is hilarous that you sat behind us! and I
          totally agree...being in a room with that many
          knitters is awesome. The Spindle lady was hypnotizing
          me..and my goodness I just wanted to go around seeing
          what everyone had OTN!!