Did anyone get to YarnHarlot?

  • donnellyja
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 25 9:49 AM
      Last night? I'm bummed I missed it. But I'm on track to meet up
      Wednesday, DH is rearranging his schedule slightly so I can come out
      for a while. This all sounds barbaric, me a housewife trapped inside,
      but it's a reality of his business- summer is construction season!
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 25 12:04 PM
        It was soooo cool..sorry to rub it in..wish you could
        have came!! Becca and I drove together and later that
        evening we saw Victoria. We got there at a perfect
        time to get up front and chatted with fellow
        knitters/spiners. The Harlot is sweet, funny, down-to
        earth and I think Becca made the comment...like we've
        know each other for years. Got some great shots, which
        Becca will post sooner then later, I hope:)

        Kris

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 25 12:38 PM
          I was there! You sat up front? Were you on the stage right side near
          that lady with the drop spindle? She was in the second row and I was
          sitting right behind her. I was fascinated by her spinning.

          Honestly, though, there were so many cool projects on the needles all
          around me that I was starting to get a bad case of gaper's neck!
          There was a woman across the aisle knitting continental and I kept
          staring and staring, trying to figure out her technique. Beautiful
          jet black yarn -- but you know how hard it is to see stitch details
          in black yarn? Imagine it from across the aisle when the woman is
          knitting at a record-setting pace! Guess I'll have to figure out a
          different way to learn a left-handed carry...

          I thought the talk was great, very funny. Stephanie is every bit as
          much fun in person as she is on her blog and in her books. And just
          being in a roomful of people happily knitting and sharing a laugh
          about it all, well, that was very refreshing. :D

          And that LYS at 99th and Walden Pky was pretty cool, too. I'd never
          been in there before. Teeny beeny but they had some nice stock.

          Theresa

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 25 3:22 PM
            OH My!! That is hilarous that you sat behind us! and I
            totally agree...being in a room with that many
            knitters is awesome. The Spindle lady was hypnotizing
            me..and my goodness I just wanted to go around seeing
            what everyone had OTN!!