introducing myself

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      I found out about your group over at Knitter's Review. Do you mind if
      I join in?

      My name is Theresa Stevens and I live in Palos Heights. I'm what you
      might call an intermittently avid knitter -- I go through phases when
      I knit almost obsessively, then my wrists need a break and I do other
      things for a while. I've been knitting for maybe fifteen years or so.

      OTN right now -- just finishing a pair of socks (my latest obsession
      -- I tend to cast a pair on the instant after I finish a pair),
      weaving the ends on a cabled poncho and matching hat, need sleeves
      for a cardigan out of cheapo black yarn, and am getting ready to cast
      on a cabled wool scarf. (I think the pattern for that one is called
      Here and There; it's from that Interweave Press scarf book.)

      Anyway, I hope you'll let me join in on Wednesdays!

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
        You are very welcome, Can't wait to meet you. We are a relaxed group where everyone is welcome. See you Wed.  Aleta

        http://mail. yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
          I'm so glad you found our group Theresa! I too go onto
          KR..great spot for help and support. You'll find the
          SnB group is also helpful and supportive. You've got
          quite a list of work in progress...they all sound
          lovely, please bring to show-in-tell!!

          I love knitting socks...jaywalker's are OTN right now,
          but I've got a baby blanket that's needed ASAP!

          Thanks for introducing yourself, I can't wait to knit
          with you on Wednesdays.

          Kris

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
            Thanks for the nice welcome!

            So, Carabou Coffee on Harlem on Wednesday at what time?

          • citygirl_em
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
              Hi Theresa....WELCOME! Please join us...new faces are so nice and it
              sounds like you are knitting up some interesting things. I tend to be
              a square or rectangular knitter...scared of anything that requires
              reading a pattern. I know with the help and cajoling of my fellow
              knitting gals, I will soon be out of my 'rut'.

              Join us on Wednesday for some delicious coffee, and great women. I
              look forward to meeting you.

              Emily
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
                7pm every wed....see you there

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
                  We are there at 7:00 pm. But people come when they can.

                  KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:
                  7pm every wed....see you there

                  http://mail. yahoo.com

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
                    oh yes!...no pressure...we often stay till close
                    (which is 10pm)

                    oy, need to go to bed....was that K5 or P5?