Wednesdays

  • Apolonia Skywalk
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 18, 2006
      You know, I just wanted to say that I have been SOOOO looking forward
      to wednesdays since I joined this group and I just wanted to say Thank
      You everyone ;-) You all rock!

      Anyone gonna have anything new to display? Just wondering (no I
      haven't finished my project yet).

      I will see you tomorrow. YAY, Knitting!

      ~ Nia
    • Emily Franz
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 18, 2006
        Vickie...I look forward to our Wednesdays, too....isn't it great to be in the company of other women who enjoy the same things as ourselves?

        See you Friday!
        (I'm still plugging away at my 'non baby blanket'.)

        EM
      • Kris
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 19, 2006
          I feel the same way! Wednesday's have become my little piece of heaven. Having a busy
          life, sure makes you appreciate the moments you can relax and enjoy.

          I actually started a new project...the basket weave baby blanket pattern that's been
          spreading thru our group:) I just got invited to a baby shower in a couple of weeks and so
          the yarn spoke to me;) I picked up some Bernat Softee baby yarn over the weekend and it's
          knitting up very quickly.

          See you all tonight!!

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
            Hi everyone,

            I found out about your group over at Knitter's Review. Do you mind if
            I join in?

            My name is Theresa Stevens and I live in Palos Heights. I'm what you
            might call an intermittently avid knitter -- I go through phases when
            I knit almost obsessively, then my wrists need a break and I do other
            things for a while. I've been knitting for maybe fifteen years or so.

            OTN right now -- just finishing a pair of socks (my latest obsession
            -- I tend to cast a pair on the instant after I finish a pair),
            weaving the ends on a cabled poncho and matching hat, need sleeves
            for a cardigan out of cheapo black yarn, and am getting ready to cast
            on a cabled wool scarf. (I think the pattern for that one is called
            Here and There; it's from that Interweave Press scarf book.)

            Anyway, I hope you'll let me join in on Wednesdays!

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
              You are very welcome, Can't wait to meet you. We are a relaxed group where everyone is welcome. See you Wed.  Aleta

              http://mail. yahoo.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
                I'm so glad you found our group Theresa! I too go onto
                KR..great spot for help and support. You'll find the
                SnB group is also helpful and supportive. You've got
                quite a list of work in progress...they all sound
                lovely, please bring to show-in-tell!!

                I love knitting socks...jaywalker's are OTN right now,
                but I've got a baby blanket that's needed ASAP!

                Thanks for introducing yourself, I can't wait to knit
                with you on Wednesdays.

                Kris

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
                  Thanks for the nice welcome!

                  So, Carabou Coffee on Harlem on Wednesday at what time?

                • citygirl_em
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
                    Hi Theresa....WELCOME! Please join us...new faces are so nice and it
                    sounds like you are knitting up some interesting things. I tend to be
                    a square or rectangular knitter...scared of anything that requires
                    reading a pattern. I know with the help and cajoling of my fellow
                    knitting gals, I will soon be out of my 'rut'.

                    Join us on Wednesday for some delicious coffee, and great women. I
                    look forward to meeting you.

                    Emily
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
                      7pm every wed....see you there

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
                        We are there at 7:00 pm. But people come when they can.

                        KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@...> wrote:
                        7pm every wed....see you there

                        http://mail. yahoo.com

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 21, 2006
                          oh yes!...no pressure...we often stay till close
                          (which is 10pm)

                          oy, need to go to bed....was that K5 or P5?