SnB Name

  • Kris
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
      After discussing the topic with co-workers, family and friends and
      even an Anonymous person connected to the worldwide SnB groups...I
      believe we shouldn't change the name of our group. In Debbie's email
      to all groups informing them of the yahoo group name change, she says
      that there is no need to change the name of the group we have, just
      the yahoo forum link. We are a not-for-profit group, who has free
      meetings and a free online message forum that dosen't generate any
      procedes. They can't shut us down or stop us from meeting.

      One of the reasons I was drawn to this group was the name Stitch 'n
      Bitch...it's sassy, bold and gives a feeling of being young and hip. I
      like that fact that I don't have to pretend to be something I'm not.
      The B-word doesn't bother me, I'm a grown woman who's earned that the
      right to use "grown-up words. I certainly don't want to offend anyone,
      but I seriously don't see the big deal. I'm going ahead and printing a
      handful of cards. If anyone else wants some, email a reply and I'll
      set some aside for you.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
        Good for you, then. I'll back you. I'll take a few cards if you're printing them up!

        It's true the trademark is for online discussion boards and that's why they went after the Yahoo groups first, who are most in violation of their rights.

        --
        Jennifer Adams Donnelly
        708-227-7447

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
          Hi Kris,
          I'll take a few cards, too!  Thanks so much!

          Emily