Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] Languishing In Obscurity

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
      Hey Vicky!!

      Glad to hear from you. The Clapotis is a great knit and you can substitue tons of choices. I've knit with the Knit Picks Shine Sport and it's awesome stuff. You could possible knit with the Andes wool too, but don't have any exerpience with that.

      Have you registered for Ravelry.com yet?.... so many versions it's mind-boggling.

      Cheers!
      Kris

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
        *ack!*

        LOL! Thanks!

        would totally LOVE too to do an Eastern Branch of SSSNB!

        Thanks for tips!

        (watch for a personal email too!)
        Vicky

        --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, Theresa Stevens
        <tstevens_pers@...> wrote:

        > VICKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
        > *tackle hug*
        >
        > We miss you too!
        >
        > Have you looked on elann.com? Or Webs sale room? They have some
        cheap discount/discontinued yarns, too. I have mixed reviews of
        knitpicks. I love the panache and their worsted cotton blend. Anything
        with "Peruvian" in the description has disappointed me, though.

        > I made a scarf-sized clapotis that took about 5 oz of sock yarn.
        Maybe 5.5 oz.

        > Theresa
        >
        > ps. I applied for an editing job in NYC. It's a super-long shot to
        get it, but as I was filling out the app, all I could think about was
        how you and I could start an SnB annex group on Wednesday nights. How
        fun would that be???

      • Apolonia Skywalk
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
          Kris!! Thanks for the information!

          Oh my goodness! I can't wait to get a Ravelry.com invite! that looks
          totally awesome!

          Cheers!
          Vicky

          --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
            When you get registered come join the "South Suburban SnB" group. Hey, Ravelry can be a total time suck, but it's oh-so-fun! – Knit-on ~Kris

            <mommy_of_mac@ ...> wrote:

            > Hey Vicky!!
            >
            > Glad to hear from you. The Clapotis is a great knit and you can
            substitue tons of choices. I've knit with the Knit Picks Shine Sport
            and it's awesome stuff. You could possible knit with the Andes wool
            too, but don't have any exerpience with that.

            > Have you registered for Ravelry.com yet?.... so many versions it's
            mind-boggling.

            > Cheers!
            > Kris

          • Apolonia Skywalk
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2008
              OMG! Ravelry is like exactly what I have always wanted! I am totally
              sucked in already and I joined the Group there too! Like WOW.

              Thanks for that informatioN!