Languishing In Obscurity

  • Apolonia Skywalk
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
      Hello everyone from New York!

      I am TOTALLY missing this group... I just can find anything as fun as
      this group out here and so I have been slacking off on the knitting.

      However, I have wanted to knit up the Clapotis ever since I saw that
      brilliant orange one Kris made and I just got an income tax return,
      but I am still penny pinching... does anyone know a good equivalent to
      the Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb they suggest? maybe something from
      KnitPicks? I haven't used much yarn from there and I don't want to
      buy something and find out it doesn't work well or something.

      I hope you are all doing well... I haven't been able to check blogs
      for the last few months due to overwhelming work.... but still wish
      you the best!

      ~ Vicky
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
        VICKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
        *tackle hug*

        We miss you too!

        Have you looked on elann.com? Or Webs sale room? They have some cheap discount/discontinued yarns, too. I have mixed reviews of knitpicks. I love the panache and their worsted cotton blend. Anything with "Peruvian" in the description has disappointed me, though.

        I made a scarf-sized clapotis that took about 5 oz of sock yarn. Maybe 5.5 oz.

        Theresa

        ps. I applied for an editing job in NYC. It's a super-long shot to get it, but as I was filling out the app, all I could think about was how you and I could start an SnB annex group on Wednesday nights. How fun would that be???

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
          Hey Vicky!!

          Glad to hear from you. The Clapotis is a great knit and you can substitue tons of choices. I've knit with the Knit Picks Shine Sport and it's awesome stuff. You could possible knit with the Andes wool too, but don't have any exerpience with that.

          Have you registered for Ravelry.com yet?.... so many versions it's mind-boggling.

          Cheers!
          Kris

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
            *ack!*

            LOL! Thanks!

            would totally LOVE too to do an Eastern Branch of SSSNB!

            Thanks for tips!

            (watch for a personal email too!)
            Vicky

            --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, Theresa Stevens
            <tstevens_pers@...> wrote:

            > VICKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
            > *tackle hug*
            >
            > We miss you too!
            >
            > Have you looked on elann.com? Or Webs sale room? They have some
            cheap discount/discontinued yarns, too. I have mixed reviews of
            knitpicks. I love the panache and their worsted cotton blend. Anything
            with "Peruvian" in the description has disappointed me, though.

            > I made a scarf-sized clapotis that took about 5 oz of sock yarn.
            Maybe 5.5 oz.

            > Theresa
            >
            > ps. I applied for an editing job in NYC. It's a super-long shot to
            get it, but as I was filling out the app, all I could think about was
            how you and I could start an SnB annex group on Wednesday nights. How
            fun would that be???

          • Apolonia Skywalk
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
              Kris!! Thanks for the information!

              Oh my goodness! I can't wait to get a Ravelry.com invite! that looks
              totally awesome!

              Cheers!
              Vicky

              --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, KRISTEN CARLSON

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008
                When you get registered come join the "South Suburban SnB" group. Hey, Ravelry can be a total time suck, but it's oh-so-fun! – Knit-on ~Kris

                <mommy_of_mac@ ...> wrote:

                > Hey Vicky!!
                >
                > Glad to hear from you. The Clapotis is a great knit and you can
                substitue tons of choices. I've knit with the Knit Picks Shine Sport
                and it's awesome stuff. You could possible knit with the Andes wool
                too, but don't have any exerpience with that.

                > Have you registered for Ravelry.com yet?.... so many versions it's
                mind-boggling.

                > Cheers!
                > Kris

              • Apolonia Skywalk
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 5, 2008
                  OMG! Ravelry is like exactly what I have always wanted! I am totally
                  sucked in already and I joined the Group there too! Like WOW.

                  Thanks for that informatioN!