Re: magknits patterns on ravelry

  • elefink2
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
      Susan,

      Magknits was a legitimate source for patterns. Our group is very
      conscientious of copyright issues. We (and Theresa in particular!)
      would never steer anyone towards a source that wasn't 100% legitimate.
      As you come to know us better, I'm sure you will find that out.

      As mentioned yesterday, Magknits, a free online pattern 'zine shut
      down suddenly. As most of the designers are on Ravelry, they (the
      pattern designers and copyright holders) have graciously allowed
      Ravelry to create a page for finding many of these patterns where they
      are published elsewhere.

      Becca

      --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Farbstein"
      <papermaven22@...> wrote:

      > Theresa,
      > I only just found out about magknits thru the group yesterday &
      their dismay over the site shutdown. I am new to these site & not
      familiar with jaywalker. Is this a legit source for patterns? Thanks
      for your help & patience in teaching this knitting source novice of
      internet sites.
      > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      <http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search/expanded?view=thumbnail&source=magknits&ravelry-download=yes>
      com/patterns/search/expanded?view=thumbnail&source=magknits&ravelry-download=yes

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
        Gremlins. I blame it on gremlins. Really.

        The fact that I didn't stop to make sure I was the one logged in on my
        computer had nothing to do with it.

        Honest.

        It's all the gremlins.

        Becca

        (really this time)

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
          Jaywalker is what you might call a legendary sock pattern. Mag Knits
          was an excellent source of patterns. It will be missed.

          Ravelry is not posting any patterns without the copyright holder's
          permission. They're very conscientious.

          Theresa