Re: [SouthSuburbanSnB] magknits patterns on ravelry

  • Susan Farbstein
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
      Theresa,
      I only just found out about magknits thru the group yesterday & their dismay over the site shutdown. I am new to these site & not familiar with jaywalker. Is this a legit source for patterns? Thanks for your help & patience in teaching this knitting source novice of internet sites.
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
        Susan,

        Magknits was a legitimate source for patterns. Our group is very
        conscientious of copyright issues. We (and Theresa in particular!)
        would never steer anyone towards a source that wasn't 100% legitimate.
        As you come to know us better, I'm sure you will find that out.

        As mentioned yesterday, Magknits, a free online pattern 'zine shut
        down suddenly. As most of the designers are on Ravelry, they (the
        pattern designers and copyright holders) have graciously allowed
        Ravelry to create a page for finding many of these patterns where they
        are published elsewhere.

        Becca

        --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Farbstein"

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
          Gremlins. I blame it on gremlins. Really.

          The fact that I didn't stop to make sure I was the one logged in on my
          computer had nothing to do with it.

          Honest.

          It's all the gremlins.

          Becca

          (really this time)

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
            Jaywalker is what you might call a legendary sock pattern. Mag Knits
            was an excellent source of patterns. It will be missed.

            Ravelry is not posting any patterns without the copyright holder's
            permission. They're very conscientious.

            Theresa