magknits patterns on ravelry

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
      ravelry has created a page for free magknits patterns. The infamous
      jaywalker is there, as well as many other magknits patterns. Not all
      are available, though, because it's up to the individual designers
      whether to list them.

      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search/expanded?view=thumbnail&source=magknits&ravelry-download=yes

    • Susan Farbstein
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
        Theresa,
        I only just found out about magknits thru the group yesterday & their dismay over the site shutdown. I am new to these site & not familiar with jaywalker. Is this a legit source for patterns? Thanks for your help & patience in teaching this knitting source novice of internet sites.
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
          Susan,

          Magknits was a legitimate source for patterns. Our group is very
          conscientious of copyright issues. We (and Theresa in particular!)
          would never steer anyone towards a source that wasn't 100% legitimate.
          As you come to know us better, I'm sure you will find that out.

          As mentioned yesterday, Magknits, a free online pattern 'zine shut
          down suddenly. As most of the designers are on Ravelry, they (the
          pattern designers and copyright holders) have graciously allowed
          Ravelry to create a page for finding many of these patterns where they
          are published elsewhere.

          Becca

          --- In SouthSuburbanSnB@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Farbstein"

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
            Gremlins. I blame it on gremlins. Really.

            The fact that I didn't stop to make sure I was the one logged in on my
            computer had nothing to do with it.

            Honest.

            It's all the gremlins.

            Becca

            (really this time)

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
              Jaywalker is what you might call a legendary sock pattern. Mag Knits
              was an excellent source of patterns. It will be missed.

              Ravelry is not posting any patterns without the copyright holder's
              permission. They're very conscientious.

              Theresa