      Jen Adams Donnelly

      From: KRISTEN CARLSON <mommy_of_mac@...>
      Hi Kimberlee!

      Sounds like your a busy little bee! If you ever get a
      free Wed night, stop by Caribou with your
      "work-in-progress". The more the merrier! I just
      joined the group my self and I too am a self taught
      knitter. I've done your basic scarfs and
      blankets...now hoping to expand my talents. Besides
      your general hobby stores, there is Knitting ETC in
      Orland that has classes and a pretty good selection of
      yarn - the people there are very friendly.

      Hope to see a fellow knitter sometime.

      Kris

      --- Kimberlee <thanksalatte@...> wrote:

      > Just wanted to say hi. My mom taught me to knit 3
      > years ago and I
      > struggled with it. Then the next year she tried to
      > teach me to
      > crochet. I didn't like working with just one needle.
      > This year I
      > have found so many friends who knit/crochet
      > including my SIL, that I
      > figure I better pick it back up or be left behind!
      > My MIL just
      > taught herself!! If she can teach herself to do it,
      > than I can too!!
      > My 4 year old son has shown interest in knitting,
      > not learning, but
      > seeing what you can make. Probably comes from his
      > love for sweaters.
      > He's asked his self-taught grandma to make him a
      > "yellow, blue, and
      > red" scarf.
      >  I was wondering when you meet at Caribou, how long
      > are you there
      > knitting away? I'm not sure when I'll be able to
      > join you b/c I
      > never venture to Orland or Tinley. And I am pretty
      > busy a few
      > evenings a week with my Stampin' Up! and
      > BeautiControl businesses.
      > (Sorry about dropping names).
      >  My SIL lives in Forest Park and just a 5 minute
      > walk away from
      > beautiful downtown Oak Park. She hasn't been to
      > Nina's in Oak Park
      > but she did say she's been in Chix w/ Stix. I know,
      > a hike for us
      > all, esp w/ kiddos! But lucky me! We go to their
      > place once a month,
      > so one of these days I'm going to browse through
      > those stores. There
      > is a Peggy's Strands of Heaven store in downtown
      > Plainfield that I
      > haven't gone into yet. I always have my kids with me
      > when I drive by
      > it.
      >  I just haven't picked a pattern for my first "real"
      > project yet. So
      > I don't feel worthy enough to go in and drool over
      > fibers. I get too
      > ambitious. I picked an "easy" pattern out of the
      > Woman's Day
      > knitting special thinking I could do it. I don't
      > have circular
      > needles (I almost spelled it "kneedles!" LOL). So I
      > thought I
      > could "halve the recipe." Ugh. Nope. So I have this
      > long narrow
      > piece. I could probably knit it a little more and
      > put a big button
      > on it and make it a skirt for my 10 mo. old! Husband
      > demands it be a
      > lot longer!

      >  Well, since I've blabbed on long enough...I look
      > forward to your
      > knitting mentoring in the future! (And yes, I
      > normally am chatty, so
      > maybe you won't want me joining you at Caribou! Just
      > make sure I get
      > decaf).
      > kimberlee

      Yahoo! DSL � Something to write home about.
      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic