      708-227-7447

      From: Theresa Stevens <tstevens_pers@...>

      The ladies in my aran knitting e-group all love the four Barbara
      Walker stitch dictionaries. They're constantly debating which is best
      or celebrating because they've just completed the set. I think only
      books three and four are charted -- and watch out, because Barbara
      Walker also has a stitch dictionary of mosaic patterns, which are not
      part of the four-book series.

      Anyway, you might be able to find one or several at the library. I
      know the Oak Lawn library has at least one of the volumes.

      I'm not all that familiar with the Vogue dictionaries, but I do know
      that volume two is the cable volume and that my aran knitters group
      has rated it a good primer, rather than a comprehensive manual.

      Theresa

      --- Kris <mommy_of_mac@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      > I was looking at the Vogue Stitchary Vol One and fell in love...it
      > would be perfect to help
      > me decide on pat terns for these dish/face clothes. The bad part is
      > the price...$30 bucks. I
      > went to Micheals with my 50% off coupon, but they didn't have the
      > book. Was hoping I
      > could borrow the book from one of you lovely ladies at the next
      > SnB.
      >
      > Also, was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book on cables
      > stitches. I saw
      > one on Amazon, but nothing at the bookstores. I would rather see
      > what I'm getting before
      > buying the book.
      >
      > Thanks for any suggestions.

      Cheap talk?