316Re: Looking for a sock pattern.

    Aug 24, 2006
      Here is my basic, generic sock pattern:

      For my size 8 feet (you'll have to modify this to fit your foot).

      cuff and leg:
      I cast on 52 stitches over two needles (size 2 dpn's).
      Knit 2 Purl 2 ribbing, divide the stitches over 4 needles
      Join, being careful not to twist.
      continue rib pattern for 1 inch.
      Switch to stockinette for entire leg portion of sock (2 - 5 inches)

      create heel flap:
      using 1/2 of stitches now, ignore 2 needles.
      stockinette across 26 stitches until you have a perfect square
      (k 1 row, p 1 row)

      turn heel: (slip first stitch in each row)
      knit across to last 7 stitches, turn work
      purl across to last 7 stitches, turn work
      knit across to gap, knit 2 stitches on each side of gap together, turn
      work
      purl across to gap, purl 2 stitches on each side of gap together, turn
      work
      repeat last two rows until only 12 stitches remain. (heel is now turned)

      gusset:
      end heel turn with knit row. pick up stitches along side to instep
      stitches, k across instep, pick up stitches along other side to heel.
      return to knitting in the round.
      1. k 1 row *place marker at center of heel stitches*
      2. k across heel and picked up stitches. K2together at beginning of
      instep, k across instep. K2together through back loop at end of
      instep, k back to marker.
      repeat rows 1 and 2 until 52 stitches.

      foot:
      knit in stockinette to length of foot minus 1 inch. (7.5 inches in my
      case)

      toe:
      k2 together on each side of foot (toe decreases) every row for one
      inch (try sock on to make sure it fits!)

      Bind off using three needle bind off.

      Repeat for second sock.

      ;)
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic