21Re: [SouthSuburbanStitchnBitch] Where are the LYS?

  • reeno343@comcast.net
    Sep 23, 2005
      The drive is a killer.  I live in Chicago Heights and when I had my last baby my midwife's office was all the way in Oak Park.  The weekly visits at the end almost did me in.

      I'm just now starting to check out my options and most of it still doesn't make much sense to me.  I want to find a pretty variegated merino for the baby blanket.  But I still have to *start* my scarf so I've got a while, LOL.  Thanks for your help.

      Kirsten

      My kids save me from spending too much on yarn, because they make it hard to go to yarn shops!  Rebecca told me about a shop she loves in Oak Park- no way am I getting there anytime soon.  The drive alone would do me in.  It would take about three trips to McDonalds to bribe them.  They are both boys, 2 and 5.  They aren't much help in the internet yarn shopping category, unfortunately.

      There is a nice 100% wool available at JoAnn, but not Ms or Hobby Lobby.  It's called Patons Merino Classic, about $5.99 for a ball of 220 yds.  It's quite soft, a nice basic merino.  Lion Brand Wool-ease is not too bad for baby things, because it is machine washable.  There is also a yarn called Cotton Tots by Bernat.  I've seen it at Michaels and JoAnn.  It comes in some nice colors- more intense pastels.  I need to do a baby blanket for my friend and I think I will use it.

      --
      Jennifer Adams Donnelly
      708-227-7447

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic