20Re: [SouthSuburbanStitchnBitch] Where are the LYS?

    Sep 23, 2005
      My kids save me from spending too much on yarn, because they make it hard to go to yarn shops! Rebecca told me about a shop she loves in Oak Park- no way am I getting there anytime soon. The drive alone would do me in. It would take about three trips to McDonalds to bribe them. They are both boys, 2 and 5. They aren't much help in the internet yarn shopping category, unfortunately.

      There is a nice 100% wool available at JoAnn, but not Ms or Hobby Lobby. It's called Patons Merino Classic, about $5.99 for a ball of 220 yds. It's quite soft, a nice basic merino. Lion Brand Wool-ease is not too bad for baby things, because it is machine washable. There is also a yarn called Cotton Tots by Bernat. I've seen it at Michaels and JoAnn. It comes in some nice colors- more intense pastels. I need to do a baby blanket for my friend and I think I will use it.

      Jennifer Adams Donnelly
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic