One of our Killer Bees (Sergio) has come out of the closet!!!

  • Jose A. Hernandez
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
      To be absolutely honest, I kind of suspected it but.... well... I
      just couldn't bet my life on it. On the surface, he appeared to be
      the typical macho Strada rider, comfortable with his manly "no hair-
      do", smiling behind his white goatee, always showing a determination
      to grab the bull by the horse, taming a low racer or appearing to
      handle his high BB demon with the skill of a dare devil. Oh yeah, he
      skillfully managed to fool most of us but he did not fool me! Perhaps
      it was his "I-would-rather-fight" demeanor, something that worked
      quite well. After all, who would risk fighting with Sergio? Not me!!!
      This guy is strong as a mule so it was easier to view Sergio just the
      way he wanted us to see him.

      But at our last bent event, he decided to come clean and reveal to me
      his dark secret. He just couldn't live with this anymore and he
      really didn't care if all of us in our group found him out. And so it
      is my very difficult duty to share his secret with our bent community.

      I will admit that I faked being surprised when Sergio let out the big
      news. You see, I just could not bear to act otherwise in front of
      Sergio. After all, he is my riding buddy and, wellÂ… at the time; I
      just didn't know what to say or do. I then thought that we bent
      riders are supposed to be tolerant and heck... when you need to come
      out of the closet, you need to come out of the closet. So I told
      Sergio to go ahead and tell me what it was that was bothering him.
      From the strain on Sergio's face I could tell that this was something
      important and it was something that was really bothering him. So I
      readied myself for his confession and almost fell off my bike when he
      told me that, after all these years, he has come to the conclusion
      that he is a LOW BOTTOM BRACKET kinda guy!

      So.. the next time you see Sergio on the road, his feet may not be up
      in the air but might just be orbiting around the low BB area of a
      Tour Easy, where his heart and soul belong.

      Sergio, if you're reading this, don't worry. The members of this
      group will love you just the same.
    • Gail & Willie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
        "Jose A. Hernandez" wrote:
        "I will admit that I faked being surprised when Sergio let out the
        big news. So I readied myself for his confession and almost fell off
        my bike when he told me that, after all these years, he has come to
        the conclusion that he is a LOW BOTTOM BRACKET kinda guy!"

        Once again one of our members was seduced by the
        "Dark Side of the Force"
        Words like "high racer" and "dual 650's" tempt us
        mortal men.
        Although Sergio succumbed to the dark side, he has now seen
        "The Light". A fellow Jedi Knight told me Sunday how Sergio
        rode her sleek jet black TourEasy and he was all smiles.

        Use the Force Sergio......Use the Force

        Jedi TourEasy Blanc
      • seragram
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
          --- In SouthFloridaRecumbentRiders@yahoogroups.com, "Gail & Willie"
          <ghpets@g...> wrote:

          > Use the Force Sergio......Use the Force

          >Is that you OBI? or is that you Joda?
        • Ken aka EZ Biker :-)
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
            WOW! That is NEWS! For the record (As a former Contented TE, GRR
            Polished Alum EZ 1 & GRR Ti rider / owner - 10,000+ miles) I
            congratulate Sergio for finding his ULTIMATE TRUE enjoyable ride.
            Admittedly, I TOO miss being able to just leasurly hop on and glide
            around like a nice long streeeeetch limo, like I use to on my Easy
            Racer Bikes. NO I'm not dis-enchanted with my Aero, BUT I do find I
            have to be a little more attentive to my surroundings and specific
            cycling methods, due partly to how laid back I am. On The ER bikes
            you sit more upright and hince the easy going style of body
            posistion just adds to the leasurly FUN ride. Being able to
            IMMEDIATELY place both your feet on the ground and ease of starting
            off on inclines, is another "PLUS" for low BB bikes. And make NO
            Mistake, TE's and GRR's ARE FAST BIKES and with a POWER HOUSE rider
            like Sergio, we all may be seeing a SCREAMING B 52 closing on the
            B's including this Bench Warming one...
            NOW as far as High Racers or duel 26 bikes being associated with the
            DARK SIDE... Ummmmmmmm no. DF's in my mind, are STILL considered to
            be the E... empire or DARK Side of cycling.
            EZ Wimpo :-) Bench Warming B Squadron

            PS: By the way, here's a link to a REALLY COOL Easy Racer Fan club,
            which also offers an EXCELLENT Easy Racer Publication! I REALLY
            enjoyed the GREAT magazine for 3+ years)
            http://www.geocities.com/e_r_r_c/ and e-mail contact to Lauri
            Smith "Wicked Wo" ERRCMagazine@...

            --- In SouthFloridaRecumbentRiders@yahoogroups.com, "Jose A.
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
              Ooops, looks like the contact e-mail address to the ERRC club got
              cut off. You can get the compleat e-mail address at the ERRC link I
              provided in my previous post.
              EZ Wimpo :-) Bench Warming B Squadron

              --- In SouthFloridaRecumbentRiders@yahoogroups.com, "Ken aka EZ
              Biker :-)" <ezbiker_ken@a...> wrote:... e-mail contact to Lauri