Re: [SotecNotebook] Installed Win XP Pro but there's an "unknown device", what is it?

  • Scott Raevsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003

      It may be your modem -- check to see if it works properly.  On my first Sotec (I exchanged the floor model they gave me for a new one) I installed xp pro and my modem stopped working.  You can do a system restore or try and find a driver.  I didn't look long because that first laptop had other problems, so I just took it back.

      gl

      -Scott

       edwin_arce <edwin_arce@...> wrote:

      exclaimation mark next to "unknown device"... what is it?

      maybe i should open the CD. I recieved the laptop today from walmart

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • ajeight
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
        I INSTALLED WIN XP PRO ON MY SOTEC AND I HAD NO PROBLEMS AT
        ALL.....ENEN INSTALLED NERO VERSION 10 AND THAT WORKS ALSO....

        --- In SotecNotebook@yahoogroups.com, Scott Raevsky <sraevsky@y...>
        wrote:

        > It may be your modem -- check to see if it works properly. On my
        first Sotec (I exchanged the floor model they gave me for a new one)
        I installed xp pro and my modem stopped working. You can do a system
        restore or try and find a driver. I didn't look long because that
        first laptop had other problems, so I just took it back.
        > gl
        > -Scott
        > edwin_arce <edwin_arce@y...> wrote:exclaimation mark next
        to "unknown device"... what is it?

        > maybe i should open the CD. I recieved the laptop today from walmart
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Service.

      • hoaz
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
          Hi there,

          It's the quick buttons on the front of the laptop. It needs the driver
          to work, but if you don't use it, then just leave it like that (no
          problem, waste memory anyway). I personally don't use it since
          sometimes I touch (not purposely) it and it opens something I don't
          want.

          If you want, I think you can install the driver from recovery disc 3.

          Later

          --- In SotecNotebook@yahoogroups.com, "edwin_arce" <edwin_arce@y...>