Re: Turn off wireless card when not needed...

  • LivefromNewYork <arthurwang@usa.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2003
      Here is how i disable my Wi-Fi (DLink DWL-650)

      1. click on START
      2. choose SETTING then NETWORK CONNECTIONS
      3. you will see icon of your wireless connection (MA-401) listed
      under LAN or HIGH-SPEED INTERNET
      4. RIGHT click on the icon (MA-401) and choose DISABLE.

      That's it. You can also enable it again following the same procedure.

      In addition, I have problems using Dlink DWL-650 with Windows XP--it
      doesn't allow me to choose the network nor set WEP. Does your
      Netgear MA-401 work well with Windows XP?